If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > Computers and Electronics

Old 07-29-2017, 07:54 AM

Thanked 1,455 Times in 614 Posts
RUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond repute
MTS/Bell cell phone service

Is it just me or has any one experienced really crappy cell phone service over the past three months or so.

It seems like ever since Bell took over MTS my cell phone has gone down the toilet ,for the last five years I used to be able to sit in my office in the basement and make cell calls to customers no problem. No I am showing no service and cant do that.

It takes for ever for a call to go out and often get the circuits are busy, I don't want to be a tin hat guy but could bell have made some changes and maybe dialed something down.

I am a MTS customer in the Selkirk area.
Old 07-29-2017, 08:12 AM
Toyotaholic

StupidSheet is a splendid one to beholdStupidSheet is a splendid one to beholdStupidSheet is a splendid one to beholdStupidSheet is a splendid one to beholdStupidSheet is a splendid one to beholdStupidSheet is a splendid one to beholdStupidSheet is a splendid one to behold
They might have lost the use of a tower out your way. From what I heard in the Kenora area MTS was paying to use some of Rogers towers. Now that Bell bought MTS, Rogers put a stop to that. Might be the same thing out your way.
Old 07-29-2017, 09:03 AM
Sons of Mud member

Fox1000 will become famous soon enoughFox1000 will become famous soon enough
Yes like that out by beausejour also..im going telus.. can't use my phone at home with bell now..bullshit
Old 07-29-2017, 09:39 AM

sneaker is a jewel in the roughsneaker is a jewel in the roughsneaker is a jewel in the rough
Same problem in Balmoral area, service took a dump after merger. Missing calls all the time now, straight to voice mail.
Old 07-29-2017, 12:01 PM

Zachary is on a distinguished road
Where I am service has got better if anything
Old 07-29-2017, 01:17 PM
Barkerlakebob.....!!

Thanked 3,896 Times in 1,790 Posts
barkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond repute
The first thing they did is remove the loyalty credit MTS gave its loyal customers ( about $15.00 per month ) somewhat pissed off about that.

The service has not improved, nor has it deteriorated to any degree that I can tell ( so far ).
Old 07-29-2017, 05:05 PM

Minty3 has a spectacular aura aboutMinty3 has a spectacular aura about
Used to be mts before merger. Changed to Bell before merger. Better coverage. Immediately got coverage in Ont at cabin. Happier with Bell over MTS in Selkirk area too.
Old 07-29-2017, 05:09 PM
Call/Text 204 757 4222

Thanked 5,000 Times in 2,012 Posts
HOUSEHUNTER has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSEHUNTER has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSEHUNTER has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSEHUNTER has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSEHUNTER has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSEHUNTER has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSEHUNTER has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSEHUNTER has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSEHUNTER has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSEHUNTER has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSEHUNTER has a reputation beyond repute
I think Conner McGregor stole this quote from cell phone providers..

" I'll do whatever I want - and you're do fooking nothing "
Old 07-31-2017, 11:32 PM

7mm-08 is a splendid one to behold7mm-08 is a splendid one to behold7mm-08 is a splendid one to behold7mm-08 is a splendid one to behold7mm-08 is a splendid one to behold7mm-08 is a splendid one to behold7mm-08 is a splendid one to behold7mm-08 is a splendid one to behold
I'm in Selkirk and my daughter is in eriksdale and both of us have noticed signal strength is terrible.I also have trouble with my phone freezing on pages. I am not an impressed Bell/Mts customer
Old 08-01-2017, 10:45 AM

Bender will become famous soon enough
What could be happening now is network congestion. Especially in the Selkirk area. Telus and Bell share towers/network. They did not have much of a footprint in the Selkirk area. Once Bell bought MTS, now Bell customers can get onto the MTS towers, and since Telus has a sharing agreement with Bell, they are on them as well. So you now have potentially many more customers using the towers. Now they are on different frequencies, but it could be a backhaul issue.

This is why Bell/Telus customers suddenly have better service, they are now able to access all the MTS towers in MB.

I am not expert on the matter, so don't take what I say as the gospel
Old 08-01-2017, 01:01 PM
Who Let the Cats Out?

Blue Girl is just really niceBlue Girl is just really niceBlue Girl is just really niceBlue Girl is just really niceBlue Girl is just really nice
I was having problems with my Bell MTS service as well. Couldn't make calls and missing a lot of text messages. I called Bell MTS and the tech got me to change a couple of setting with how my phone searches for service. I went from almost one bar to three and from LTE to 4G with those changes. Quick fix - give them a call.

Last edited by Blue Girl; 08-01-2017 at 05:03 PM.
Old 08-01-2017, 02:49 PM

6x5x55 is on a distinguished road
mts phone service

We went from mts to telus better service
Old 08-01-2017, 06:38 PM

Bender will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Girl View Post
I was having problems with my Bell MTS service as well. Couldn't make calls and missing a lot of text messages. I called Bell MTS and the tech got me to change a couple of setting with how my phone searches for service. I went from almost one bar to three and from LTE to 4G with those changes. Quick fix - give them a call.
Quick fix but not a good one long term. They made your phone stop searching for the lte network and stay on 3g only. For phone calls it will be great, your data will be slower than molasses in January going uphill.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bender For This Useful Post:
mrhook (08-01-2017)
Old 08-01-2017, 09:33 PM

JohnDeereMan has much to be proud ofJohnDeereMan has much to be proud ofJohnDeereMan has much to be proud ofJohnDeereMan has much to be proud ofJohnDeereMan has much to be proud ofJohnDeereMan has much to be proud ofJohnDeereMan has much to be proud ofJohnDeereMan has much to be proud of
yup I couldn't be happier that MTS gave me the boot over to telus.
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour
2014 Tundra 1794 edition, Borla dual exhaust
Old 08-02-2017, 07:46 PM
REDNEK1

MADTRAPPER has a spectacular aura aboutMADTRAPPER has a spectacular aura aboutMADTRAPPER has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDeereMan View Post
yup I couldn't be happier that MTS gave me the boot over to telus.

Tell that in a year from now when they double the prices.

Sent from my iPhone while sitting on the toilet. No ass wipe
04 Rincon 650 Green Sold
00 Polairs 500 Camo Sold
1984 Big Red Sold Still Running
No one comes out alive!
Old 08-02-2017, 08:30 PM

jacal is a glorious beacon of lightjacal is a glorious beacon of lightjacal is a glorious beacon of lightjacal is a glorious beacon of lightjacal is a glorious beacon of light
My mts has been horrible. Constantly "not registered" on network. Service is worse for me.
Old 08-02-2017, 11:35 PM
bernie

Bert will become famous soon enoughBert will become famous soon enough
Noticed on my annual fishing trip to Lake of the Prairies same poor service in campground but in previous years it would be better when on the water away from the valley hills. Service on the water is poor as well this year. Thinking about buying a booster.

Last edited by Bert; 08-02-2017 at 11:42 PM.
Old 08-03-2017, 12:58 AM

Thanked 3,535 Times in 1,869 Posts
tonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond repute
sure glad i stayed with rogers...
almost switched over when my contract ran out
Old 08-03-2017, 08:24 AM

bbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
What could be happening now is network congestion. Especially in the Selkirk area. Telus and Bell share towers/network. They did not have much of a footprint in the Selkirk area. Once Bell bought MTS, now Bell customers can get onto the MTS towers, and since Telus has a sharing agreement with Bell, they are on them as well. So you now have potentially many more customers using the towers. Now they are on different frequencies, but it could be a backhaul issue.

This is why Bell/Telus customers suddenly have better service, they are now able to access all the MTS towers in MB.

I am not expert on the matter, so don't take what I say as the gospel
hit the nail on the head. Service doesn't get worse, they don't rip down towers after a merger.
The Following User Says Thank You to bbrent For This Useful Post:
LeCaptain (08-08-2017)
Old 08-03-2017, 08:25 AM

bbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym63 View Post
sure glad i stayed with rogers...
almost switched over when my contract ran out
rogers and mts are the same as far as signal coverage goes, they share towers for a few years now.

Tags
mts or bell, phone, service