If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > Homes Shops Garages

Old 08-11-2017, 01:28 PM

canook is on a distinguished road
building jacking

Hi, looking for some opinions. I have an existing 30x48 shop that was originally built as a horse barn that I am considering having the walls raised 4'-6' to fit a class 8 truck. It is well built with 2x6 wall but simple shop with a wood plank floor, a 10' wide asphalt lane running front to back, and the perimeter sitting on some type of rock foundation. In the past 2 years I put 50 year shingles on it and new soffit, eaves. etc. Ceiling height is currently ~9ft. Front door opening will have to be increased from 9x8 to at least 12x12'. With the shop lifted I would look at having a heated concrete floor put in. I am still considering going with a new shop, but thinking maybe I can make it work with this shop. Also considering adding 24' feet to the shop that would just have a grade beam and a gravel pad, non insulated for extra storage. I realize a project like this brings some problems with it. Can anyone recommend some reputable contractors that do this kind of thing? I am in East St. Paul. Thanks!
Old 08-11-2017, 03:21 PM

cowboyup is a splendid one to beholdcowboyup is a splendid one to beholdcowboyup is a splendid one to beholdcowboyup is a splendid one to beholdcowboyup is a splendid one to beholdcowboyup is a splendid one to beholdcowboyup is a splendid one to behold
building jacking

I considered doing almost the same thing last year, that is until I went into the attic and found that my building doesn't have trusses that would support the span . The interior walls hold the ceiling up in my case
Old 08-12-2017, 11:10 AM

Thankfully I don't have that problem, I have engineered trusses. I "think" it would be a pretty easy lift, and if I was only lifting a foot or two may be just dumb enough it try it myself. Going to 4'-6' feet...no thanks. I put a couple of calls out to some house movers, like Vieville and Martens but haven't heard back. I would like to get this done before the snow flies, which may be a pipe dream. I have read on here the Cobra seems to be a well respected concrete company, any others? Maybe this should be a new post. Thanks for the response Cowboy!
Old 08-12-2017, 07:51 PM

Thanked 1,451 Times in 611 Posts
RUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by canook View Post
Thankfully I don't have that problem, I have engineered trusses. I "think" it would be a pretty easy lift, and if I was only lifting a foot or two may be just dumb enough it try it myself. Going to 4'-6' feet...no thanks. I put a couple of calls out to some house movers, like Vieville and Martens but haven't heard back. I would like to get this done before the snow flies, which may be a pipe dream. I have read on here the Cobra seems to be a well respected concrete company, any others? Maybe this should be a new post. Thanks for the response Cowboy!
there was a guy from Winnipeg beach that did a similar job in siglavik raised the house and poured a pony wall. All I remember is his first name Matt.
This was for my wife's uncle did a good quick job.
canook (08-12-2017)
Old 08-12-2017, 08:53 PM

I think I have tracked the guy down from your details. I will give him a call on Monday and see what he says. Thanks RUNNER!
The Following User Says Thank You to canook For This Useful Post:
RUNNER (08-13-2017)

Tags
building, jacking