If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > Homes Shops Garages

Old 01-09-2018, 09:50 PM

RRPZ is a splendid one to beholdRRPZ is a splendid one to beholdRRPZ is a splendid one to beholdRRPZ is a splendid one to beholdRRPZ is a splendid one to beholdRRPZ is a splendid one to beholdRRPZ is a splendid one to behold
Plate heat exchangers

So, I plumber in a 50 plate brazed heat plate in line with my wood boiler. The plate is so hot, you canít keep your hand on it, but once water startes flowing through it, it cools right off. The fresh water coming in, sucks all the heat out of the plate and cools off the boiler line to my furnace. What did I do wrong?
Old 01-09-2018, 10:17 PM

gtrussell is a jewel in the roughgtrussell is a jewel in the roughgtrussell is a jewel in the roughgtrussell is a jewel in the rough
Could be too much volume of flow.
Old 01-09-2018, 10:25 PM

RRPZ is a splendid one to beholdRRPZ is a splendid one to beholdRRPZ is a splendid one to beholdRRPZ is a splendid one to beholdRRPZ is a splendid one to beholdRRPZ is a splendid one to beholdRRPZ is a splendid one to behold
I partially closed the valve feeding the hot water tank. I’ll see if that helps. If not, the heat plate is coming out.
The Following User Says Thank You to RRPZ For This Useful Post:
gtrussell (01-09-2018)

Tags
exchangers, plate