If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > General Outdoor Discussion

Old 12-28-2017, 10:34 AM

briant is a jewel in the roughbriant is a jewel in the roughbriant is a jewel in the rough
Question Quad on the perimeter

Is it illegal to ride s quad around the perimeter in the ditch ?
Old 12-28-2017, 11:03 AM

MudChucker is a splendid one to beholdMudChucker is a splendid one to beholdMudChucker is a splendid one to beholdMudChucker is a splendid one to beholdMudChucker is a splendid one to beholdMudChucker is a splendid one to beholdMudChucker is a splendid one to behold
depends where... if it is City of Winnipeg you cannot.

Now, if you install a slow moving triangle, beacon, attach a snow plow and keep your speed under some (i cant remember but I think its 30Km/h) number you can drive right through the city

need piles ?

http://www.HanoverScrewPile.ca
The Following User Says Thank You to MudChucker For This Useful Post:
briant (12-28-2017)
Old 12-28-2017, 06:04 PM

LIMO-MAN is a splendid one to beholdLIMO-MAN is a splendid one to beholdLIMO-MAN is a splendid one to beholdLIMO-MAN is a splendid one to beholdLIMO-MAN is a splendid one to beholdLIMO-MAN is a splendid one to beholdLIMO-MAN is a splendid one to behold
city of wpg does not allow you to drive an ATV with a plow and slow moving triangle , I was warned by both city police and city of wpg supervisor for street clearing . I was plowing my sidewalk and backlane on the corner where i live . you might have been able to years ago but not any more so be carefull if you are doing this
Old 12-28-2017, 08:05 PM
CFSC/CRFSC/HS instructor

Toxic is a name known to allToxic is a name known to allToxic is a name known to allToxic is a name known to allToxic is a name known to allToxic is a name known to all
Not sure how applicable it is but I believe it used to be a rule (outside the city) that you could not snowmobile in the ditch between a divided highway. i.e. if you were driving along 75 highway it had to be east or west side, but not between the two traffic travel directions.
27 inch Mudlite XTR's
cndfirearmstraining@live.com
Old 12-29-2017, 10:36 PM

Zeek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
Not sure how applicable it is but I believe it used to be a rule (outside the city) that you could not snowmobile in the ditch between a divided highway. i.e. if you were driving along 75 highway it had to be east or west side, but not between the two traffic travel directions.
Yes I believe you're right which is too bad since in between in the median is always tons of awesome snow.
Old 12-30-2017, 08:04 AM

briant is a jewel in the roughbriant is a jewel in the roughbriant is a jewel in the rough
I was asking because I see all kinds of sled tracks around the perimeter.
Old 01-10-2018, 04:20 PM

MudChucker is a splendid one to beholdMudChucker is a splendid one to beholdMudChucker is a splendid one to beholdMudChucker is a splendid one to beholdMudChucker is a splendid one to beholdMudChucker is a splendid one to beholdMudChucker is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMO-MAN View Post
city of wpg does not allow you to drive an ATV with a plow and slow moving triangle , I was warned by both city police and city of wpg supervisor for street clearing . I was plowing my sidewalk and backlane on the corner where i live . you might have been able to years ago but not any more so be carefull if you are doing this
You also need a beacon

There is a little more too it, I was simply paraphrasing for the sake of fun.

However, you can without a doubt use atv / utv provided you tick off all the boxes.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

need piles ?

http://www.HanoverScrewPile.ca
Old 01-11-2018, 08:24 PM
TRY IT

wardog is a jewel in the roughwardog is a jewel in the roughwardog is a jewel in the rough
Actually certain areas of the perimeter you can ride a ORV in the ditches.. there is a map that shows.. I know you can around the west side of the perimeter in side the perimeter.
Old 01-11-2018, 08:30 PM
TRY IT

wardog is a jewel in the roughwardog is a jewel in the roughwardog is a jewel in the rough
I found the map... Iíll try and add the link.. Iím not that great with computers.lol
http://www.winnipeg.ca/police/river_...mobile_map.pdf
The Following User Says Thank You to wardog For This Useful Post:
King Of Bling (01-11-2018)
Old 01-12-2018, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardog View Post
Actually certain areas of the perimeter you can ride a ORV in the ditches.. there is a map that shows.. I know you can around the west side of the perimeter in side the perimeter.
I have seen lots of snowmobile tracks around the perimeter.. I'm close to the perimeter and was thinking of going for a boot on my quad...i think in this cold the cops won't give a shit ......lol

Tags
perimeter