If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > TrackShare Lounge

Old 02-03-2012, 01:43 PM

Fitz15 is on a distinguished road
Shopping around for a hot tub....

After using the neighbours hot tub the last few weeks (he's in Florida), I just got to get one. I don't know anything about tubs, but I want it to be reliable and under 10K. Some of the names that pop up are Sundance, dimension one (D1), Artesian and Marquis. Need a lounger and fit 5-6, not too crazy on the jets and features.

Looking for any advice on where to go, what models and what price ranges. Also your experiences with the tubs good/bad.

thanks
Old 02-03-2012, 01:55 PM

Thanked 6,661 Times in 2,640 Posts
boak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond repute
check out Costco... prices seem fantastic and reviews of the products very good as well.

http://www.costco.ca/Common/Search.a...rch&lang=en-CA

Old 02-03-2012, 04:37 PM
PADDLEWHEEL

XTATT has a reputation beyond reputeXTATT has a reputation beyond reputeXTATT has a reputation beyond reputeXTATT has a reputation beyond reputeXTATT has a reputation beyond reputeXTATT has a reputation beyond reputeXTATT has a reputation beyond reputeXTATT has a reputation beyond reputeXTATT has a reputation beyond reputeXTATT has a reputation beyond reputeXTATT has a reputation beyond repute
i went with the jacuzzi brand little more pricey but good quality and great warranty as well mine is a hydro theoropy tub adjustable jets each seat is a different experience with diff setup of jets lighted headrests cupholders and underwater as well its also 3'' deeper and 7'' wider than normal tub its 7 person i paid 10g for it but well worth it got the one person lid bar and steps thrown in as well

2009 RZR 800 LE ALUMINUM A ARM GUARDS,BLACK SS212'S ON 26'' BIGHORNS,FRONT BUMPER,PIAA LIGHTS,3''LIFT,HURST SHIFTER, HOOD SCOOP,HALF WINDSHEILD,SOFT TOP,REARVIEW MIRROR,OVER HEAD KICKER SPEAKERS,KENWOOD DECK IN MARINE CASE,FENDER FLARES, ROCK SLIDERS,SNORKLES,DGX2 PIPE,GLACIER V PLOW, 3500 WINCH
Old 02-03-2012, 05:47 PM
Lenny

lenm has a spectacular aura aboutlenm has a spectacular aura about
before buying one, make sure that your electrical panel is capable..some tubs can and will draw a lot of juice.. would suck to buy/install one then not be able to turn it on.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:01 PM
falconsledder

Falconatv is just really niceFalconatv is just really niceFalconatv is just really niceFalconatv is just really nice
I have a Coast Spa from LCL Spas (polo Park) It has been a great tub, about 12 years old now runs all year long.
Only thing I have ever had to repair is a pump seal.
Wait till the Home Show this spring all dealers under 1 roof and show prices.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:09 PM
ʞoɯɐ unɹ ɹoʇɐɹʇsıuıɯpɐ

Thanked 2,168 Times in 916 Posts
Snowman has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman has a reputation beyond repute
i bought mine off the net out of the US
looked around here and a tub like it here was between 8 and 9 grand
delivered to Menkes for $2995
had it for 3 years now
first year i had a control panel go bad, they sent a new one right out to me.
been working great with no other issues.

might be worth a look.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:51 PM

Thanked 1,052 Times in 647 Posts
510Bulldog is a splendid one to behold510Bulldog is a splendid one to behold510Bulldog is a splendid one to behold510Bulldog is a splendid one to behold510Bulldog is a splendid one to behold510Bulldog is a splendid one to behold510Bulldog is a splendid one to behold
We have a costco tub,right now it has a blown motor and a crack line due to freezing. We are on our third motor.I;m glad it came with a 5 year warrentty. As I have found out Costco buys tubs from small companys that open up and close almost daily. Dont get me wrong, Costco has been there for the warrentty 100%. But i have learned a lot ain the last few months. The repair guy that has come out has been very informative. It seems that these tubs are not insulated properly and few other issues. It looks like after three years Costco will be giving our money back after the report that has been sent in by the repair company.We have been looking at Artic spas in oak bluff. They seem to have the righ spas for this country. I will consider buying from them before Costco again. And I love Costco! Good luck with your purchase. They are great when working!!! LOL
2008 Ski-Doo 800 Renegade (Black)
2008 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE
2007 Dodge 2500 Diesel C.C. 4X4 Long Box
11 year Blk Lab aka Big boy
Old 02-03-2012, 11:31 PM

Brutus will become famous soon enough
Saw a add in a paper for jacuzzi, 4 or $5000 for a 7 man.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:29 AM

That was my concern with Costco....

I love Costco as well, but not when it comes to items that will require service or parts in the long run.

Hey Bulldog, who was the repair technician that came out to your tub. I always find the repair guys to be the most valuable when finding out if something is good quality. Who knows better than the guys that repair them, no one!!!!!

I don't mind spending up front if it means 10 years later the tub is working and looking new.

It also comes down to dealer support. Does anyone have anything good to say about a particular tub dealer they've dealt with
Old 02-04-2012, 10:45 AM

darkstar is a jewel in the roughdarkstar is a jewel in the roughdarkstar is a jewel in the roughdarkstar is a jewel in the rough
I have a Coast from LCL. its 8 years old now. had no problems. I did have a recall on the motors 2 years ago and LCL came and replaced them that week even though their is no more warranty. so 2 new motors for free. great deal for me.

All i can say if i did get a new tub.. i wouldnt spend a arm and leg on things like 100 jets... lights....and more horsepower(did i just say that?)

jets are big money when they start to fail, and they will. 40-50 jets are plenty.
lights are nice dont get me wrong but really not needed and most likely forget about them in a year or so.
bigger pumps, everyone that uses it just keeps it on low now for a more relaxing feel.
lounger...nobody ever liked the lounger. i cant pay people to use that seat. imo

my tub costs maybe $1 a day below -20 in electricity. Check your panel before you buy, larger tubs require 40amps or more and a sub panel with gfi and special wiring that adds up (over $500 in parts and wiring easy to do it right).

make sure you have a good base. 6" or more of concrete or 6" quarter down packed with patio blocks on top.. dont go cheap on this or the tub will shift and crack.

Good luck with your purchase.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:45 AM

I feel the same way

Don't need more than 40 jets
the lounger is my wifes request, but we will wet test one with and one without to really see
I want a good warranty and great dealer service

I will have to check out LCL and the coast spas for sure

thanks everyone......
Old 02-05-2012, 05:50 AM

firemedic will become famous soon enoughfiremedic will become famous soon enough
Arctic spa hands down built for our winters. Even if the power goes out it will hold the heat for a week.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:31 PM

Thanked 1,052 Times in 647 Posts
510Bulldog is a splendid one to behold510Bulldog is a splendid one to behold510Bulldog is a splendid one to behold510Bulldog is a splendid one to behold510Bulldog is a splendid one to behold510Bulldog is a splendid one to behold510Bulldog is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
Saw a add in a paper for jacuzzi, 4 or $5000 for a 7 man.
Looking at get a simalier model...... my will be 1 man 6 women model!!!!
2008 Ski-Doo 800 Renegade (Black)
2008 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE
2007 Dodge 2500 Diesel C.C. 4X4 Long Box
11 year Blk Lab aka Big boy
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 510Bulldog For This Useful Post:
fraz (02-14-2012), ProComp (02-15-2012), tonym63 (02-05-2012)
Old 02-14-2012, 04:24 PM
Malo Mudder!!

mbplayer is just really nicembplayer is just really nicembplayer is just really nicembplayer is just really nice
Check craigslist out of minneapolis. There is some guy selling refurbished tubs cheap. I found one with 50 jets, waterfall, stereo all for 3395.00. He is out of the cities somewhere.

I am sure if you look hard enough you can find new ones around the same price down there also.

MB

2008 Sportsman Stealth Black (Metal Mulisha Edition lol) 2" custom "alljackedup" lift, K&N, 27" laws. RIP
Old 02-14-2012, 05:38 PM

shadowstang is a jewel in the roughshadowstang is a jewel in the roughshadowstang is a jewel in the rough
Have you checked out urban life here in steinbach ? I'm dealing with them right now and nothing but good to say about them ! should be getting my tub installed this week ! BTW they sell alot of used tubs at awesome prices ! We got a 6 person with a lounger and 2 higher seats for our kids for a GREAT price
Old 02-14-2012, 10:05 PM
XTP

Ziptie is a splendid one to beholdZiptie is a splendid one to beholdZiptie is a splendid one to beholdZiptie is a splendid one to beholdZiptie is a splendid one to beholdZiptie is a splendid one to beholdZiptie is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowstang View Post
Have you checked out urban life here in steinbach ? I'm dealing with them right now and nothing but good to say about them ! should be getting my tub installed this week ! BTW they sell alot of used tubs at awesome prices ! We got a 6 person with a lounger and 2 higher seats for our kids for a GREAT price
Clarence is a real stand up guy, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a tub from him. He really knows his stuff and I am sure he originally worked at Arctic spas.
2009 Renegade 500
2008 XT400
Old 02-15-2012, 12:30 AM

cowboyup is a splendid one to beholdcowboyup is a splendid one to beholdcowboyup is a splendid one to beholdcowboyup is a splendid one to beholdcowboyup is a splendid one to beholdcowboyup is a splendid one to beholdcowboyup is a splendid one to behold
We love our jacuzzi, arctic spa would be my next choice.
Both are more cash than some of the others but I believe its worth it in the long run. Both have great knowledge, and customer service and I expect will be around for a while.

Tags
shopping