If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > Supporting Vendors

Old 12-13-2016, 09:52 PM

ridgerider will become famous soon enoughridgerider will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by camoman View Post
It's just over $100/month for a full forum and banner with unlimited advertising - Never was a few hundred / month in fact its been static for at least 6 year. It's a fraction of what other sites charge to advertise and I like to think that I personally send enough people their way to cover the advertising every year. The main goal is to keep the site alive and pay the bills and one sponsor doesn't cut it. Not sure why everyone picked this year to leave, sad that free advertising on facebook, instagram etc. is taking over and leaving the small local sites to parish. Seems like the same thing local dealers have been saying about big box and US shopping but its different when the shoe is on the other foot I guess.
My bad, I looked your advertising costs again and realized I misread the details of costs. For what you get $100/month is very reasonable. Much cheaper than newsprint and Websites. I will now reconsider, thanks for clarifying.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to ridgerider For This Useful Post:
camoman (12-13-2016)
Old 12-13-2016, 10:39 PM
Administrator/Owner

Thanked 2,481 Times in 775 Posts
camoman has a reputation beyond reputecamoman has a reputation beyond reputecamoman has a reputation beyond reputecamoman has a reputation beyond reputecamoman has a reputation beyond reputecamoman has a reputation beyond reputecamoman has a reputation beyond reputecamoman has a reputation beyond reputecamoman has a reputation beyond reputecamoman has a reputation beyond reputecamoman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by freelance View Post
I've done business with Crikside, Adventure, Chudds, and Specialty Tires all because of this website. Not saying that I won't continue to do business with them but the point is I would not have known about them if it weren't for Trackshare.

This website has been invaluable to me. The wealth of knowledge I have gained and the friends I have made have been outstanding.
Well said, exactly why I strive to keep this site going! Too many memories and good people!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to camoman For This Useful Post:
gtrussell (12-14-2016), Mudforce (12-14-2016), Outlaw (12-26-2016), Peter Rabbit (12-14-2016), Ramco (12-14-2016), StupidSheet (12-14-2016), tonym63 (05-21-2017)
Old 12-14-2016, 06:08 PM
Toyotaholic

StupidSheet is a splendid one to beholdStupidSheet is a splendid one to beholdStupidSheet is a splendid one to beholdStupidSheet is a splendid one to beholdStupidSheet is a splendid one to beholdStupidSheet is a splendid one to beholdStupidSheet is a splendid one to behold
I've dealt with all of the same as freelance except for Chudd's. Glad to see Crikside is still here though.
camoman (12-15-2016)
Old 12-18-2016, 10:08 AM

visonator can only hope to improve
Just a thought why don't the members receiving all the benefits and getting so much good out of this site start paying to keep the site alive. Than sponsors wouldn't be an issue.
Old 12-18-2016, 11:12 AM

bbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by visonator View Post
Just a thought why don't the members receiving all the benefits and getting so much good out of this site start paying to keep the site alive. Than sponsors wouldn't be an issue.

At some point it may come to that, but that isn't today. Funny you would mention that though. Hard to take your comment as positive, but then again that isn't why you come here now is it?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bbrent For This Useful Post:
ChuckBlack (12-20-2016), gtrussell (12-18-2016), StupidSheet (12-19-2016), tonym63 (12-18-2016)
Old 12-19-2016, 02:14 AM
Bleeding Red

ChuckBlack is a glorious beacon of lightChuckBlack is a glorious beacon of lightChuckBlack is a glorious beacon of lightChuckBlack is a glorious beacon of lightChuckBlack is a glorious beacon of lightChuckBlack is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by visonator View Post
I'm too poor from spending my money on 42" Trench Diggers™ and gas to go and rut up all of Manitoba dude! TO THE EXTREME! RADICAL MAN! WOOHOO! BUDWEISER AND RIDE 24/7! CRYSTAL METH! F**K THE POLICE!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChuckBlack For This Useful Post:
randas (12-19-2016), StupidSheet (12-19-2016)
Old 12-20-2016, 05:24 PM
Call/Text 204 757 4222

Thanked 5,008 Times in 2,017 Posts
HOUSEHUNTER has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSEHUNTER has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSEHUNTER has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSEHUNTER has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSEHUNTER has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSEHUNTER has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSEHUNTER has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSEHUNTER has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSEHUNTER has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSEHUNTER has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSEHUNTER has a reputation beyond repute
We all know sponsorship is important to keep the site financially stable, but there's only so many motorsports, parts dealer's out there...

Over the past 15 years I've seen and read many threads with members looking for advice or recommendations for other services besides the Motorsport industry, from plumbers to lawyers etc etc, what I'm thinking is why not have a business card directory for our members ? something plain and simple , business card along with username so we all can see and support each others businesses ...

If the site is now charging 1200 a year X apox 6 sponsors avg = $ 7200 a year

I pay 200 a year for our local Community Club advertising, which is a 4x8 wall board,

so a online business card @ $100 per card per year is cheap enough to draw all in ,all it would take is 72 members and its even Steven, with apox 400 daily members, even at 100 cards X 100 is $10,000 and up !!!

Key would be to get at least 72 member to get the ball running, or charge more if need be, either way I'd rather use someone from here than pull a name from the yellow pages

Set up a poll to see how many members would support this , I would like to think everyone can afford $100 to support the site along with advertising for themselves or a family members business

Count me in !!
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to HOUSEHUNTER For This Useful Post:
barkerlakebob (12-20-2016), camoman (01-05-2017), King Of Bling (12-28-2016), MudChucker (12-31-2016), Peter Rabbit (12-21-2016), RRPZ (01-08-2017), RUNNER (12-20-2016), StupidSheet (12-20-2016), tonym63 (12-20-2016), Ziptie (12-20-2016)
Old 12-20-2016, 07:52 PM
XTP

Ziptie is a splendid one to beholdZiptie is a splendid one to beholdZiptie is a splendid one to beholdZiptie is a splendid one to beholdZiptie is a splendid one to beholdZiptie is a splendid one to beholdZiptie is a splendid one to behold
Good idea Jerry.
It also may not hurt to talk to the former sponsors and let them know that Trackshare is the reason that you frequent their establishment and where you see and hear the specials that they have going. And that they are misssed.

I spoke to 2 previous sponsors and they both told me that with facebook etc it is easy to see the effect and to get a measure of the effectiveness of their advertising on social media.
With Trackshare there is no easy way to measure whether it is effective.
If we the customers let them know that it is important and effective they may reconsider.
2009 Renegade 500
2008 XT400
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ziptie For This Useful Post:
camoman (01-05-2017), HOUSEHUNTER (12-20-2016), King Of Bling (12-28-2016), StupidSheet (12-20-2016)

Tags
couple, sponsors