If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > TrackShare Lounge

Old 02-10-2007, 09:56 AM

Beater rider is just really niceBeater rider is just really niceBeater rider is just really niceBeater rider is just really nice
aluminum trailers

I am thinking of upgrading to an aluminum trailer and would like some feedback. My tow vehicle is a minivan so I am looking for as light as possible. I kind of like the idea of being able to drive off the front. I was also wondering about a two place inline trailer as to whether there was really a lot less wind resistance. Thanks in advance for any info.
88 Wavejammer pwc
03 Seadoo GTI
Old 02-13-2007, 12:18 PM
80 Acre Baker

bakes is a glorious beacon of lightbakes is a glorious beacon of lightbakes is a glorious beacon of lightbakes is a glorious beacon of lightbakes is a glorious beacon of lightbakes is a glorious beacon of light
I have the two place triton atv trailer and it is really light!!! I am able to pick up the trailer without much effort!!! You load from the side and if it is just one then from the back, works great!!! The price is pretty reasonable too.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:34 AM
Administrator

Thanked 3,366 Times in 1,069 Posts
Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeWolf has a reputation beyond reputeWolf has a reputation beyond reputeWolf has a reputation beyond reputeWolf has a reputation beyond reputeWolf has a reputation beyond reputeWolf has a reputation beyond reputeWolf has a reputation beyond reputeWolf has a reputation beyond reputeWolf has a reputation beyond reputeWolf has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I was also wondering about a two place inline trailer as to whether there was really a lot less wind resistance.
-While I can't comment on aluminum trailers from personal experience, as to less wind resistance... definately yes - far less!
-Not only is a double trailer substantially wider, plus having the quads sitting side by side, it also places a good portion of the whole lot outside of the slipstream directly behind the tow vehicle.
-The ultra light weight of the alum. trailers make them easy to haul though so I'm sure that helps to make up for the resistance.

So basically...I wouldn't hesitate to upgrade to aluminum.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:38 PM

Beater rider is just really niceBeater rider is just really niceBeater rider is just really niceBeater rider is just really nice
Thanks Bakes for the info. Where did you buy your trailer and what model is it? We're going looking tomorrow, but probably won't buy until spring. Anyone else know any good dealers?
88 Wavejammer pwc
03 Seadoo GTI
Old 02-18-2007, 09:23 PM
80 Acre Baker

bakes is a glorious beacon of lightbakes is a glorious beacon of lightbakes is a glorious beacon of lightbakes is a glorious beacon of lightbakes is a glorious beacon of lightbakes is a glorious beacon of light
I got it from Headingley Sport shop and it is the triton atv88, they gave me the best deal! They were $200 less than anyone else I could find.
Old 02-18-2007, 11:13 PM

Enns brothers in Oak Bluff also had about the same price as Headingley. The model I'm looking at is the XT10-101. It's a basic tilt snowmobile trailer so I can use it for both sleds and quads.
88 Wavejammer pwc
03 Seadoo GTI
Old 07-11-2007, 07:51 AM

new trailer

I finally got some pictures of the new trailer. What a difference! This trailer feels lighter with two quads on it than the old steel trailer did empty.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg newtrailer.jpg (202.1 KB, 106 views)
88 Wavejammer pwc
03 Seadoo GTI
Old 07-11-2007, 06:34 PM

Thanked 2,299 Times in 1,074 Posts
TOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond repute
That is a great looking trailer. I have a Triton double wide aluminum (snowmobile) that I use for snowmobiles and quads. As stated in a couple of earlier postings, lots of wind resistance. The question that I have is, where you going to put the 3rd quad. LOL
Old 07-11-2007, 06:35 PM

Thanked 2,299 Times in 1,074 Posts
TOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond repute
I saw that it is for sale. Just had to get a shot in.

Tags
aluminum, trailers