If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > General Outdoor Discussion

Old 01-08-2018, 09:27 AM

briant is a jewel in the roughbriant is a jewel in the roughbriant is a jewel in the rough
Question Seine river ?

Has anyone been down the seine river on a quad yet this winter? Thinking I might go for a boot Tuesday if my truck is done in the shop.. which route is best to take.. I was thinking starting in Grande point ?

Thanks
Old 01-09-2018, 03:38 PM

Thanked 1,482 Times in 524 Posts
Cat Tracks has a brilliant futureCat Tracks has a brilliant futureCat Tracks has a brilliant futureCat Tracks has a brilliant futureCat Tracks has a brilliant futureCat Tracks has a brilliant futureCat Tracks has a brilliant futureCat Tracks has a brilliant futureCat Tracks has a brilliant futureCat Tracks has a brilliant futureCat Tracks has a brilliant future
I was on the river this weekend, from 206 just about to 59. A bit of water in some places and some trees to look out for, besides that very nice riding.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cat Tracks For This Useful Post:
freelance (01-13-2018)
Old 01-10-2018, 08:10 AM

briant is a jewel in the roughbriant is a jewel in the roughbriant is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Tracks View Post
I was on the river this weekend, from 206 just about to 59. A bit of water in some places and some trees to look out for, besides that very nice riding.
Is the water passable or do u need to ride around it ??

I have never been down the seine river.
Old 01-10-2018, 07:59 PM
Toyotaholic

StupidSheet is a splendid one to beholdStupidSheet is a splendid one to beholdStupidSheet is a splendid one to beholdStupidSheet is a splendid one to beholdStupidSheet is a splendid one to beholdStupidSheet is a splendid one to beholdStupidSheet is a splendid one to behold
You spent too much time talking about it and not doing it. Now the cold weatyher is back. LOL.
Bin muddin (01-10-2018)
Old 01-11-2018, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidSheet View Post
You spent too much time talking about it and not doing it. Now the cold weatyher is back. LOL.
true ...lol
Old 01-11-2018, 08:42 AM

Thanked 1,482 Times in 524 Posts
Cat Tracks has a brilliant futureCat Tracks has a brilliant futureCat Tracks has a brilliant futureCat Tracks has a brilliant futureCat Tracks has a brilliant futureCat Tracks has a brilliant futureCat Tracks has a brilliant futureCat Tracks has a brilliant futureCat Tracks has a brilliant futureCat Tracks has a brilliant futureCat Tracks has a brilliant future
Its just surface water , nothing to worry about , there is a couple of dams that open up sometimes , as long as you follow the tracks around your good. The nice thing about river riding , always seems a little warmer down on the river. If you want to go for a night ride one evening give me a shout i can meet you at the coop in lorette.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cat Tracks For This Useful Post:
briant (01-11-2018)
Old 01-11-2018, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Tracks View Post
Its just surface water , nothing to worry about , there is a couple of dams that open up sometimes , as long as you follow the tracks around your good. The nice thing about river riding , always seems a little warmer down on the river. If you want to go for a night ride one evening give me a shout i can meet you at the coop in lorette.
I have been down the rat and LaSalle rivers the seine is on the to do list.. just need a guide thanks for the offer
Old 01-13-2018, 07:11 PM

loogs is on a distinguished road
..is it possible to make it to La Broquerie from the floodway on the Seine?

Last edited by loogs; 01-13-2018 at 10:25 PM.
Old 01-14-2018, 03:20 PM
Bleeding Red

ChuckBlack is a glorious beacon of lightChuckBlack is a glorious beacon of lightChuckBlack is a glorious beacon of lightChuckBlack is a glorious beacon of lightChuckBlack is a glorious beacon of lightChuckBlack is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by loogs View Post
..is it possible to make it to La Broquerie from the floodway on the Seine?
Depending on the winter it's usually impossible to make it to Ste Anne from Lorette. With the north winds we've had here recently I doubt you'd make it without having to do up to a couple of KM's in a farmers field that neighbours the river. The river gets really narrow and the snow drifts in there really bad. It happens around the Dufresne area, closer to Ste Anne.

Having said that, the river after Ste Anne heading to La Broquerie gets narrow as well. I've never done it but I would think you'd run into the same problems.
Old 01-14-2018, 03:57 PM

Oerlikon80 is a splendid one to beholdOerlikon80 is a splendid one to beholdOerlikon80 is a splendid one to beholdOerlikon80 is a splendid one to beholdOerlikon80 is a splendid one to beholdOerlikon80 is a splendid one to beholdOerlikon80 is a splendid one to beholdOerlikon80 is a splendid one to behold
So tracks and a chainsaw are needed?

Tags
river, seine