If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > GPS Chat

Old 12-23-2017, 04:38 PM

NoShow is on a distinguished road
Great reading everyone’s thoughts on this. I am interested in buying one to use when we go fly in moose hunting. This way can communicate back to home or to float base. We been paying rent for the sat phone for years now and sometimes it’s been a pain in the ass to get it to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-27-2017, 02:02 PM
Miami Motorsports Pres.

Runnin' Wild is a jewel in the roughRunnin' Wild is a jewel in the roughRunnin' Wild is a jewel in the roughRunnin' Wild is a jewel in the rough
Question about the InReach, can you text any number off it? The other person can see on a map where u are, or do they need an app to view a map?

I'm curious if I am able to text anyone of my contacts in my phone or if it needs to be compatible somehow?

Thanks
Old 01-12-2018, 10:58 AM
Boggy River Riders

manitoba450es has much to be proud ofmanitoba450es has much to be proud ofmanitoba450es has much to be proud ofmanitoba450es has much to be proud ofmanitoba450es has much to be proud ofmanitoba450es has much to be proud ofmanitoba450es has much to be proud ofmanitoba450es has much to be proud ofmanitoba450es has much to be proud ofmanitoba450es has much to be proud of
i only tried one text to my buddy up in gillam. he recieved a normal text to his phone with a website link. when he clicked on the link with his iphone it went directly to inreach.garmin.com and a map of where i was popped up.
there is an app as well. with the app you download maps to your phone. i downloaded canada topo for just manitoba. with the map info saved to my smart phone and i receive a text from inreach i can open it via the app and see exactly where the text was sent from.
think of your phone as just a remote keyboard and screen with the app. all of this stuff can be done on the inreach units screen but without a keyboard and larger screen to view

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
HMF Muffler, Perfex Long Travel Kit,
1" Wheel Spacers, Snorkled,
Warn Winch, Hand and Tumb Warmers
Old 01-12-2018, 11:02 AM
Boggy River Riders

manitoba450es has much to be proud ofmanitoba450es has much to be proud ofmanitoba450es has much to be proud ofmanitoba450es has much to be proud ofmanitoba450es has much to be proud ofmanitoba450es has much to be proud ofmanitoba450es has much to be proud ofmanitoba450es has much to be proud ofmanitoba450es has much to be proud ofmanitoba450es has much to be proud of
if anyone buys one and wants to try some unit to unit texts and wants to do some testing with these things let me know. i'd be glad to work together and figure out their capabilities

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
HMF Muffler, Perfex Long Travel Kit,
1" Wheel Spacers, Snorkled,
Warn Winch, Hand and Tumb Warmers

Tags
renewal, subscription