If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > Homes Shops Garages

Old 01-04-2018, 12:30 PM

kenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to behold
Wood Heated hot tub...anyone got one?

I am in NW Ont where heating a tub with elec is out of the question...

I saw an ad for a wood fired tub and like the idea...particularly if it can accomodate a pump for jets and maybe even a filter..

but I've never seen one..I'd like one that can seat about 6 peeps

there is a Co. in Winnipeg that sells them... Northern Lights... seems interesting...

Who has one and an opinion on them?
Over-Ripe Avocado Camo
Old 01-04-2018, 08:26 PM

RRPZ is a splendid one to beholdRRPZ is a splendid one to beholdRRPZ is a splendid one to beholdRRPZ is a splendid one to beholdRRPZ is a splendid one to beholdRRPZ is a splendid one to beholdRRPZ is a splendid one to behold
A buddy has one at his cabin. No pump or jets or filter thoigh. It’s right by the lake and he has a pump from the lake to fill it when they want to use it. If I remember correctly(I was really drunk the one time I was in it), it heats up pretty fast. When done, pull the plug and it drains back into the lake.
The Following User Says Thank You to RRPZ For This Useful Post:
kenora (01-05-2018)
Old 01-05-2018, 03:55 PM

sneaker is a jewel in the roughsneaker is a jewel in the roughsneaker is a jewel in the rough
My brother in law built one out of cedar some years ago, welded up a snorkel stove to heat it up. Worked good but took around half a day and several arm loads of good fire wood to heat it up. Also needs a method to circulate the water otherwise you end up with boiling on top and cold at the bottom. We used a small submersible pump. Eventually the cedar rotted out but I still have the stove around. Caution may induce drunken nudity and debauchery.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sneaker For This Useful Post:
JeffGordon (01-05-2018), kenora (01-05-2018)
Old 01-09-2018, 04:42 PM

patvetzal is on a distinguished road
My son's FIL has an old electric hot tub that he tied into his outdoor wood furnace system. He had lots of wood, lots of capacity (he heated his house, shop, domestic hot water, etc).
He ran his furnace 12month/yr for the domestic hot water (steam cleaner in shop as well)
Then he decided that wood pellets might involve less labour, plus he could become a distributor so he sold his wood processor (and saw mill) and went with pellets. Soon found that they were more expensive than raw wood from his back bush so he switched back to hydro during the summer,,,,,then he drained the tub during the summer ....
Now the tub only runs during the cold weather (heating season) but it does stay HOT for 8 months at a time...
The Following User Says Thank You to patvetzal For This Useful Post:
kenora (01-09-2018)
Old 01-09-2018, 04:44 PM

patvetzal is on a distinguished road
Really a simple job to install a heat exchanger if you have enough hot water and cheap wood.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patvetzal For This Useful Post:
510Bulldog (01-11-2018), kenora (01-09-2018)

Tags
heated, tubanyone