If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > Snowmobile General Discussions

Old 03-07-2017, 10:12 PM

Thanked 3,856 Times in 1,214 Posts
rws has a reputation beyond reputerws has a reputation beyond reputerws has a reputation beyond reputerws has a reputation beyond reputerws has a reputation beyond reputerws has a reputation beyond reputerws has a reputation beyond reputerws has a reputation beyond reputerws has a reputation beyond reputerws has a reputation beyond reputerws has a reputation beyond repute
quick detach scratchers

I didn't have much luck with the StraightLine brand of scratchers (breaking/pulling out of crimp) so I ordered a set of DuraFlex and will give them a try. Since I will be mounting them on the ski there is no really good way to park them so I fabricated a set of brackets with a pin so I can quickly install/uninstall the scratchers as needed. Since scratchers generally are not used very often I will store them in my rear bag. I'll be trying them out maybe Friday or Saturday....as soon as the gawd damn wind goes down.

Last edited by rws; 03-09-2017 at 08:02 AM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rws For This Useful Post:
Outlaw (03-08-2017), Peter Rabbit (03-07-2017), rjsnowdrifter (03-08-2017), Shoemaker (03-07-2017), TOOTHPICK (03-08-2017), Winslow (03-07-2017)
Old 03-07-2017, 10:19 PM

Thanked 1,205 Times in 798 Posts
'alljackedup' has much to be proud of'alljackedup' has much to be proud of'alljackedup' has much to be proud of'alljackedup' has much to be proud of'alljackedup' has much to be proud of'alljackedup' has much to be proud of'alljackedup' has much to be proud of'alljackedup' has much to be proud of'alljackedup' has much to be proud of
Love my duraflex!! Worth the few extra bucks
Old 03-07-2017, 10:43 PM
"Switched Back "

Peter Rabbit is a name known to allPeter Rabbit is a name known to allPeter Rabbit is a name known to allPeter Rabbit is a name known to allPeter Rabbit is a name known to allPeter Rabbit is a name known to all
not sure what mine are. Now they are starting to fray. Bought them from freelance. they have been good. I will get new ones for next season. I have had them for a few years
Old 03-08-2017, 07:02 AM

xcr700 is a glorious beacon of lightxcr700 is a glorious beacon of lightxcr700 is a glorious beacon of lightxcr700 is a glorious beacon of lightxcr700 is a glorious beacon of light
I had ski mount spring style. But they poped out of their parked position when I was backing up and I bent them. I used ski bolts this winter worked well. Will get a proper set next year
Old 03-08-2017, 09:01 AM
"Switched Back "

Peter Rabbit is a name known to allPeter Rabbit is a name known to allPeter Rabbit is a name known to allPeter Rabbit is a name known to allPeter Rabbit is a name known to allPeter Rabbit is a name known to all
when I had them mounted on the ski's it was alright. This season when we were out riding with the ones mounted on the rails you could see the track acted like a vortex pulling the snow dust in. when mounted on the ski most of the snow dust did not enter the track area. So I moved them on to the rail.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter Rabbit For This Useful Post:
'alljackedup' (03-08-2017), Outlaw (03-08-2017)
Old 03-08-2017, 09:36 AM

xcr700 is a glorious beacon of lightxcr700 is a glorious beacon of lightxcr700 is a glorious beacon of lightxcr700 is a glorious beacon of lightxcr700 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Rabbit View Post
when I had them mounted on the ski's it was alright. This season when we were out riding with the ones mounted on the rails you could see the track acted like a vortex pulling the snow dust in. when mounted on the ski most of the snow dust did not enter the track area. So I moved them on to the rail.
You're on a switchback I assume? I was trying to figure out a skid mount ,but mines a shortie . By the time the scratchers would contact the snow, you're already at the snow flap lol. The ski mount for me worked awesome
The Following User Says Thank You to xcr700 For This Useful Post:
Peter Rabbit (03-08-2017)
Old 03-08-2017, 10:55 AM

Thanked 3,856 Times in 1,214 Posts
rws has a reputation beyond reputerws has a reputation beyond reputerws has a reputation beyond reputerws has a reputation beyond reputerws has a reputation beyond reputerws has a reputation beyond reputerws has a reputation beyond reputerws has a reputation beyond reputerws has a reputation beyond reputerws has a reputation beyond reputerws has a reputation beyond repute
I've had cable type and spring type mounted on both locations on this sled. Didn't make any difference which location...once dropped no overheating.

This latest install was designed to make a no tools quick detachable mount and to prevent the cables from self parking. I placed the mounting position far enough back so that the cable tips cannot jump up on the ski and park themselves. There's generally just a short window at seasons end when scratchers are required...like now after thawing and then refreezing. I wanted something quick and simple to manage the scratchers and I think this mount will do the job....I can easily deploy them when needed and will otherwise be stored in my tunnel bag.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rws For This Useful Post:
Outlaw (03-08-2017), Peter Rabbit (03-08-2017), Winslow (03-08-2017)
Old 03-08-2017, 11:07 AM

Thanked 1,205 Times in 798 Posts
'alljackedup' has much to be proud of'alljackedup' has much to be proud of'alljackedup' has much to be proud of'alljackedup' has much to be proud of'alljackedup' has much to be proud of'alljackedup' has much to be proud of'alljackedup' has much to be proud of'alljackedup' has much to be proud of'alljackedup' has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Rabbit View Post
I agree Rob, for next season I am putting mine on the rails. Did that for a weekend on my old Indy and worked slick and kept it cool in low snow conditions
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 'alljackedup' For This Useful Post:
Outlaw (03-08-2017), Peter Rabbit (03-08-2017)

Tags
detach, quick, scratchers