If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > ATV General Discussions > ATV Track Kits

Old 01-03-2015, 08:31 AM

bjowett is on a distinguished road
Mattracks XT UR HD

Hello folks, first post, great forum…. I've lurked on and off for years.

I found a dealer reducing stock. They have new Mattracks XT UR HD (4200lb GVW) models, and will sell for $2800 complete with install kit. From what I have read, the snow performance of the M3 is model is not up to par, never mind these XT 1" lug models. Does anyone have any experience with them in during the other three seasons? How are they running at speed in warm dry or wet conditions?

Last edited by bjowett; 01-04-2015 at 02:45 PM.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:31 PM

Woodsman is on a distinguished road
Is your mind totally made up on getting Mattracks? Have you considered "Camoplast Tatou 4s" tracks? I purchased them last July, ordered from ATV tracks.net they were delivered in about a week to my shop, 2015 model. I paid less then what you were quoted for the Mattracks, shipping was included, with all mounting hardware.

I researched tracks for almost a year before buying, and totally feel I made the best choice. Be sure track weight is part of your search criteria, I see Mattracks "XT UR HD" series track will add over 600lbs. to your machine, Tatou tracks about 400lbs.. Your speed and gas mileage will be affected greatly. Whatever you decide good luck with your choice!

What type of UTV are you planning on mounting these on?
Old 01-04-2015, 02:54 PM

Sorry, that should have been $2800, I hit a 3 instead of a 2…. corrected above. The appeal at that price should be obvious. The only info available seems to be they are not as good in the snow.

Woodsman, thanks for the input. I've been researching tracks for years concerning various applications, but never made the jump. This particular time is for a Kawi Teryx 850 and a very built Yamaha Viking (it will have 140hp).
Old 01-04-2015, 03:50 PM

One thing for sure, Mattracks look to be a solidly built unit. I don't see why they wouldn't perform in warm dry and wet conditions. When I was debating on buying mine, I was wishing I could get on a machine with tracks for a day and just ride, but no one I knew had tracks. I just watched video after video and read all I could get from the tracking newsgroups. After riding in the last storm we had, I knew I made a good choice.

Another good Newsgroup to post in....(http://www.can-amforum.com/forums/atv-tracks/). Lot of track people there, might find some input from those who have ridden on Mattracks.
Old 01-05-2015, 11:06 PM

megrizzly will become famous soon enough
When I was searching for tracks before I purchased mine, I quickly ruled out the mattracks. Reasoning?, they were quite expensive, I was quoted a price a few thousand more than my tatou 4s. After talking to a few different people and through my research, it seems that the mattracks are better for durability. They are built quite well and can take lots of abuse, however they do not offer the same performance as other tracks.

At $2800, they must have sat on them for quite a while since a regular sxs kit of tatou's or commanders are usually $5000 with mattracks being even more.
The Following User Says Thank You to megrizzly For This Useful Post:
Woodsman (01-06-2015)
Old 01-14-2015, 05:07 PM

savageman69 is a jewel in the roughsavageman69 is a jewel in the roughsavageman69 is a jewel in the rough
they are not just not as good in snow, they are horrible in snow...at least any mattracks vids ive seen. You see the gold rush with kubota on mattracks in snow?..it went no where.

You would be far better off with another brand unless you dont want to use them in the winter
Old 01-15-2015, 03:27 AM
Always makin' tracks

Thanked 2,293 Times in 830 Posts
Tracstar has a reputation beyond reputeTracstar has a reputation beyond reputeTracstar has a reputation beyond reputeTracstar has a reputation beyond reputeTracstar has a reputation beyond reputeTracstar has a reputation beyond reputeTracstar has a reputation beyond reputeTracstar has a reputation beyond reputeTracstar has a reputation beyond reputeTracstar has a reputation beyond reputeTracstar has a reputation beyond repute
So what did you buy after? BTW, welcome to Trackshare. Tracstar

2014 Terralander 800EFI EPS. 2014 Camoplast T4S Tracks
Old 01-15-2015, 08:24 PM

carlos1001 will become famous soon enough
I would compare the size of the different brands. Bigger tracks will give you better flotation. The extra weight of the mattrax might be off set if they have a bigger footprint. Compare the shape of the front track. Camoplasts are shaped to help steer on hard flat surface by having very little contact. They are curved both front to back and side to side. You won't want to ride tracks off road in the summer, you will piss blood....well not really but it will be a very ruff ride, hard on the tracks and vehicle mounts. Rocks and tracks are not friends. It is a big purchase and I went thru the same thing. I am happy with the 4S but nothing wrong with a good price on a good brand. Check the bearings, are the mattracks replaceable or do you have to replace the wheel like the 4S? Talk to atvtracks and get their opinion, they sell both. good luck.
Old 01-20-2015, 06:26 AM
Gunny

Thanked 2,992 Times in 1,079 Posts
Gunny has a reputation beyond reputeGunny has a reputation beyond reputeGunny has a reputation beyond reputeGunny has a reputation beyond reputeGunny has a reputation beyond reputeGunny has a reputation beyond reputeGunny has a reputation beyond reputeGunny has a reputation beyond reputeGunny has a reputation beyond reputeGunny has a reputation beyond reputeGunny has a reputation beyond repute
It was stated above that the MATTRACKS XT's would add about 600 lbs to your bike & the Tatou's about 400 lbs. .......... I believe that info is partially correct & partially incorrect.

Looking at the spec sheet for the MATTRACK XT UR HD tracks, they weigh 151 lbs total weight of 604 lbs.

Looking at the Tatou 4S spec sheet, they list the tracks at 71 lbs each for a total weigh of 284 lbs.

However, that is the weight of the tracks, the added weight they will add to your bike is the tracks total weight, MINUS the weight of your tire & wheel combo. so, say each tire & wheel weigh 50 lbs for a total of 200 lbs for all four ... with the MATTRACKS, you'll be ADDING 404 lbs to your ride. with the Tatou 4S tracks, you only add 84 lbs. BIG DIFFERENCE !!! (And my tire and wheel combo probably weighs more than the Tatou tracks I have)

And you really need to look at those MATTRACK XT UR HD tracks ... they look like a maintenance nightmare. The Tatou's are fairly simple.

BTW ... My neighbor has a set of older MATTRACKS XT UR HD tracks and he hates them.

But, it's your money ... and sometimes a deal really isn't a deal ... it's a disappointment.

https://www.mattracks.com/tracks/litefoot/xt/ur-hd/

http://www.camoplastsolideal.com/atv-utv/products/atv#

"Work" is a Dirty Four Letter Word

2014 Metallic Can-Am Outlander 1000 MAX-XT ... With just a few Mods !!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Gunny For This Useful Post:
Woodsman (01-22-2015)
Old 01-21-2015, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
It was stated above that the MATTRACKS XT's would add about 600 lbs to your bike & the Tatou's about 400 lbs. .......... I believe that info is partially correct & partially incorrect.

Looking at the spec sheet for the MATTRACK XT UR HD tracks, they weigh 151 lbs total weight of 604 lbs.

Looking at the Tatou 4S spec sheet, they list the tracks at 71 lbs each for a total weigh of 284 lbs.

However, that is the weight of the tracks, the added weight they will add to your bike is the tracks total weight, MINUS the weight of your tire & wheel combo. so, say each tire & wheel weigh 50 lbs for a total of 200 lbs for all four ... with the MATTRACKS, you'll be ADDING 404 lbs to your ride. with the Tatou 4S tracks, you only add 84 lbs. BIG DIFFERENCE !!! (And my tire and wheel combo probably weighs more than the Tatou tracks I have)

And you really need to look at those MATTRACK XT UR HD tracks ... they look like a maintenance nightmare. The Tatou's are fairly simple.

BTW ... My neighbor has a set of older MATTRACKS XT UR HD tracks and he hates them.

But, it's your money ... and sometimes a deal really isn't a deal ... it's a disappointment.

https://www.mattracks.com/tracks/litefoot/xt/ur-hd/

http://www.camoplastsolideal.com/atv-utv/products/atv#

Hey Gunny!

That's a logical way of looking at it, you must minus weight of tire/wheel to obtain the added weight going on the machine. Never looked at it that way.

Also wanted to clarify the 400lbs. mentioned above, is the weight of the Camoplast UTV T4S tracks.

Talking about weight, my machine is sucking down alot more fuel with the tracks on, but with the lack of snow here in the Northeast it really doesn't matter how much fuel it uses, I can't ride
Gunny (01-21-2015)
Old 01-21-2015, 10:09 PM

pioneer is a splendid one to beholdpioneer is a splendid one to beholdpioneer is a splendid one to beholdpioneer is a splendid one to beholdpioneer is a splendid one to beholdpioneer is a splendid one to beholdpioneer is a splendid one to behold
Atv tire and rim are not all that heavy, but depends on what you are running for tires. With tracks you have your anti rotation hardware to install also, these weights are just track weight. So another 40- 80 lbs depending on which mounting system you get

Also the tracks you will be looking at for a side by side if you decide to go Tatou would be the UTV 4S which is a lot more weight per track 97 lbs fr and 112 lbs rear, plus hardware
http://www.camoplastsolideal.com/atv-utv/products/utv#
The Following User Says Thank You to pioneer For This Useful Post:
Gunny (01-21-2015)
Old 01-21-2015, 11:48 PM
Gunny

Thanked 2,992 Times in 1,079 Posts
Gunny has a reputation beyond reputeGunny has a reputation beyond reputeGunny has a reputation beyond reputeGunny has a reputation beyond reputeGunny has a reputation beyond reputeGunny has a reputation beyond reputeGunny has a reputation beyond reputeGunny has a reputation beyond reputeGunny has a reputation beyond reputeGunny has a reputation beyond reputeGunny has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsman View Post
Also wanted to clarify the 400lbs. mentioned above, is the weight of the Camoplast UTV T4S tracks.

Talking about weight, my machine is sucking down alot more fuel with the tracks on, but with the lack of snow here in the Northeast it really doesn't matter how much fuel it uses, I can't ride

Dang, I forgot you were looking at these for a UTV ....

And using more fuel is common because your motor is turning a lot more rpms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneer View Post
Atv tire and rim are not all that heavy, but depends on what you are running for tires.
True ... the tires I'm running are about 40lbs each & the beadlock wheels weigh about 20lbs each ... so dang near as much as my tracks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneer View Post
With tracks you have your anti rotation hardware to install also, these weights are just track weight. So another 40- 80 lbs depending on which mounting system you get

Also the tracks you will be looking at for a side by side if you decide to go Tatou would be the UTV 4S which is a lot more weight per track 97 lbs fr and 112 lbs rear, plus hardware
http://www.camoplastsolideal.com/atv-utv/products/utv#

True ... 409 lbs for the four tracks to be exact.

And according to the spec sheet for the tracks & the UTV tracks, it reads mounting hardware only weighs in at 6.25 lbs. Not sure I believe that ........ but, the MATTRACKS are a lot heavier.

And like I mentioned earlier, it's Bjowett's money, so he can buy anything he wants. I was just trying to point out what I feel are some real disadvantages to the MATTRACKS.

"Work" is a Dirty Four Letter Word

2014 Metallic Can-Am Outlander 1000 MAX-XT ... With just a few Mods !!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Gunny For This Useful Post:
Woodsman (01-22-2015)
Old 02-19-2017, 07:19 PM

Hello folks, apologies for not updating. I did not purchase the tracks, in fact those units are still for sale. I'm again looking into tracks for several utvs... so back to it. Thanks again for the info and advice.

Tags
mattracks