If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > ATV General Discussions > ATV Track Kits

Old 02-23-2016, 08:14 PM

stumpman750 is a jewel in the roughstumpman750 is a jewel in the roughstumpman750 is a jewel in the roughstumpman750 is a jewel in the rough
Best track kit?

As of today, in your professional opinions, what track kit seems to be the best as of now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- HMF xl exaust
- j-wheelz

2005 black crew cab GMC 2500 hd. DURAMAX
-
Old 02-25-2016, 06:55 PM
Gunny

Thanked 2,992 Times in 1,079 Posts
Gunny has a reputation beyond reputeGunny has a reputation beyond reputeGunny has a reputation beyond reputeGunny has a reputation beyond reputeGunny has a reputation beyond reputeGunny has a reputation beyond reputeGunny has a reputation beyond reputeGunny has a reputation beyond reputeGunny has a reputation beyond reputeGunny has a reputation beyond reputeGunny has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpman750 View Post
As of today, in your professional opinions, what track kit seems to be the best as of now?

Well Stumpy ... for me, I'd say the Camoplast Tatou 4S tracks ... as long as they have the bogies wheels covered in rubber on the running surface.

I've only been around one other brand, Kimpex TREX 2.0's I believe they were. They were OK, but he had some issues with his & while he went every place I did, I'm not sure he did as easily.

I have a friend in Canada that got some new Kimpex WSS4 tracks. The frames look just like the Tatou's. Anyway, he likes the tracks.

I'd love to try some other brands of tracks, but they cost so damn much I can't afford too. That, and my Tatou's work awesome & haven't given any headaches, so .............

"Work" is a Dirty Four Letter Word

2014 Metallic Can-Am Outlander 1000 MAX-XT ... With just a few Mods !!!

Last edited by Gunny; 02-28-2016 at 01:07 AM.
Old 02-26-2016, 07:03 PM
Adventure Rider!

WOLVERINE is just really niceWOLVERINE is just really niceWOLVERINE is just really niceWOLVERINE is just really nice
The T4S seem to be the best on the market right now from all the feedback, not that they always were just they seem to have addressed the issues guys had in the past. I for one have the older Kimpex Winter only Widetracks which have given me great service for the last few years. I only run in snow so I have no need for all season tracks. So, you have to ask yourself what you need the tracks for, winter only or all season. If the later, then get the Tatou's. Try to stay away from Kimpex, their all season tracks are Shite! Trust me I know!!!!
2009 BF 650i (Mine), Commander Widetracks, 1 1/2" PVC lift, 26" Mudlite XL's (10"F/12"R), ITP SS 112's, Dynatek, HDPE Skid plate, Heated Grips, Uni Filter, Dynojet Kit, Penlock, 4000lbs Viper, 3" PVC Tooltube, Flexitrunk, Flare windshield & mirrors, Fender Flares with Fender extentions, pink Primary and Almond Secondary.
Old 02-26-2016, 08:06 PM

stumpman750 is a jewel in the roughstumpman750 is a jewel in the roughstumpman750 is a jewel in the roughstumpman750 is a jewel in the rough
I have the t4s for about 4 yrs now, just wanted to check and see what there doing these days. Thank you!

- HMF xl exaust
- j-wheelz

2005 black crew cab GMC 2500 hd. DURAMAX
-
The Following User Says Thank You to stumpman750 For This Useful Post:
Gunny (02-28-2016)
Old 02-28-2016, 10:20 AM

Thanked 2,713 Times in 1,360 Posts
criksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond repute
We have sold several of the WSS4 Tracks for aCan Am commander and a Polaris Ranger and the feed back I get is very positive.We also have sold Matt Tracks with mixed reviews so I would suggest the Kimpex seems to have the best bang for your buck.
Old 02-28-2016, 03:06 PM

Moosehunter will become famous soon enough
[QUOTE=criksidebob;736468]We have sold several of the WSS4 Tracks for aCan Am commander and a Polaris Ranger and the feed back I get is very positive.We also have sold Matt Tracks with mixed reviews so I would suggest the Kimpex seems to have the best bang for your buck.[/QUO

Have you sold the WS4 version. If so any issues. Design is similar to the tatou.
Old 02-29-2016, 10:24 AM

Thanked 2,713 Times in 1,360 Posts
criksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, we have sold the WS4 TRACKS AND YES,guys are very happy with them.YOU would love them.Also we stock them.
Old 03-01-2016, 02:50 PM
Adventure Rider!

WOLVERINE is just really niceWOLVERINE is just really niceWOLVERINE is just really niceWOLVERINE is just really nice
I have not seen in person the new WS4 tracks but I did watch a few videos on them. I can hear the same issue that I had with my Kimpex 3.0X tracks with these. The small idler wheels are rubbing against the rubber track guides and I'm willing to bet some of them are being run over/folded over/torn/ tips broken off. It's a bad design and I see Kimpex neglected to resolve the issue. It will show up with use. I guarantee someone will be on here talking about it in the future. Just wait for it!
I'd still choose the Tatous over the Kimpex...
2009 BF 650i (Mine), Commander Widetracks, 1 1/2" PVC lift, 26" Mudlite XL's (10"F/12"R), ITP SS 112's, Dynatek, HDPE Skid plate, Heated Grips, Uni Filter, Dynojet Kit, Penlock, 4000lbs Viper, 3" PVC Tooltube, Flexitrunk, Flare windshield & mirrors, Fender Flares with Fender extentions, pink Primary and Almond Secondary.
The Following User Says Thank You to WOLVERINE For This Useful Post:
Gunny (03-03-2016)
Old 03-04-2016, 12:39 PM

roadtech will become famous soon enoughroadtech will become famous soon enough
I think the tracks on my Geo speak for themselves
Don
Attached Images
File Type: png geo on snow 2.png (270.3 KB, 44 views)
File Type: png southend 2.png (434.0 KB, 40 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to roadtech For This Useful Post:
Gunny (03-04-2016), spaner (05-03-2016), WOLVERINE (03-04-2016)
Old 03-04-2016, 07:22 PM
Adventure Rider!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtech View Post
I think the tracks on my Geo speak for themselves
Don
What you have SIR is the ULTIMATE track rig, did I mention I am Jealous?
The Following User Says Thank You to WOLVERINE For This Useful Post:
roadtech (03-05-2016)
Old 04-29-2016, 12:34 PM

mcallister.sd is on a distinguished road
I bought Camoplast T4S for my Rhino. The frame bent after about 30 km (rear section of the front track). Got word from Camoplast that it was not covered under warranty as they said it was impacted......how could you impact the rear of the front track?
Worst investment of my life....STAY CLEAR OF CAMOPLAST TATOU T4S.
Old 05-03-2016, 02:57 AM

spaner is on a distinguished road
spaner LIKEY roadtecks' geo,

any video comming soon?

I have Xgen STS4 on Japanese minitruck, and will be getting to the video this summer,
120hp supercharger mod, on 10.5/1 CR, watermeth injection, etc, etc...

Perhaps, we could compare the performance, and the 0-to-60 times on bush roads, via video;

Now that's got fun written ALL over it...

spaner
Old 05-03-2016, 10:50 AM

spaner is on a distinguished road
Nope, Sorry,

I see that you are a "slow crawler",

I have seen some of your video Now (youtube) and understand the tech,

I've got that too, under the EL gear, and 4WD, with Rear Diff-Lock Engaged, and Front-Manual-Traction-Control, Sand-Rail (Jamar);
Very slow, a lot of torque, maybe we can compare,

Very Deep snow,
Pulling Load,
Next Winter, We'll see

TBC,

spaner
Old 02-17-2017, 06:31 PM

Rockchucker is on a distinguished road
New to this site, but wanted to give some feedback on new track setup.
Myself and 2 others all ride new grizzly 700s, I on new tatou 4s, one on new commander w4s and other on older commander wide tracks.
We can all go the same places in snow! That is all we use tracks for . Only difference they noticed is the tatous seem to steer easier, whether it's the track or driver I'm not sure . Just wanted to let people know a real comparison on same machines with riders who've been at it along time!
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockchucker For This Useful Post:
Gunny (02-17-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 09:33 PM

Daveybear is on a distinguished road
What about the 4th guy with the older Grizzly 700 and the older TJD Cattracks, that thinks it's time to up grade.
The Following User Says Thank You to Daveybear For This Useful Post:
highsierra2000 (02-17-2017)
Old 02-18-2017, 12:22 AM
"Switched Back "

Peter Rabbit is a name known to allPeter Rabbit is a name known to allPeter Rabbit is a name known to allPeter Rabbit is a name known to allPeter Rabbit is a name known to allPeter Rabbit is a name known to all
General 4

got to go for a ride in this bad boy. Wow full cab, heater, glass front and rear window, windshield wiper, Plow and tracks. That's a machine in heated comfort. First ride was two wheel drive Second ride was 4 wheel drive. all I can say is WOW what a ride. There is nothing this thing can not go through.

Just Amazing
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170217_154426.jpg (547.1 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 20170217_154452.jpg (512.7 KB, 24 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Peter Rabbit For This Useful Post:
Gunny (02-18-2017)

Tags
track