If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > ATV Brand Discussions > Honda ATV

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-16-2007, 11:13 PM

ssphunter has a brilliant futuressphunter has a brilliant futuressphunter has a brilliant futuressphunter has a brilliant futuressphunter has a brilliant futuressphunter has a brilliant futuressphunter has a brilliant futuressphunter has a brilliant futuressphunter has a brilliant futuressphunter has a brilliant futuressphunter has a brilliant future
Value of a Honda Foreman 450ES?

Anyone here know the value of a 1999 Honda 450ES with 9600kms on it. A friend of my girlfriends wants me to go look at one for her. It's supposed to have been well taken care of. (havn't they all ) Anyways was also wondering if there's anything specific to watch out for on this quad.
Thanks in advance
Mike
Old 04-16-2007, 11:26 PM

Ramco has a reputation beyond reputeRamco has a reputation beyond reputeRamco has a reputation beyond reputeRamco has a reputation beyond reputeRamco has a reputation beyond reputeRamco has a reputation beyond reputeRamco has a reputation beyond reputeRamco has a reputation beyond reputeRamco has a reputation beyond reputeRamco has a reputation beyond reputeRamco has a reputation beyond repute
LOL go read this other thread..

http://www.trackshare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10629

Same quad by any chance ?

Things to watch out for are rear axle bearings. lots of people don't check them and find out to late that there shot and the axles "shafts" are shot and even been know the take out the rear "axle"

Front brakes are shoes and will probably be crap. rusted out and in need of TLC.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:29 PM
No Vowel Language

Grtwhthntr has a reputation beyond reputeGrtwhthntr has a reputation beyond reputeGrtwhthntr has a reputation beyond reputeGrtwhthntr has a reputation beyond reputeGrtwhthntr has a reputation beyond reputeGrtwhthntr has a reputation beyond reputeGrtwhthntr has a reputation beyond reputeGrtwhthntr has a reputation beyond reputeGrtwhthntr has a reputation beyond reputeGrtwhthntr has a reputation beyond reputeGrtwhthntr has a reputation beyond repute
Different bike I think, daisymays only has 3400 kms, maybe should check that one out also SSP.

Speed is irrelevant when you are going in the wrong direction.....
He who follows the path of least resistance is missin' all the fun.....
Old 04-16-2007, 11:39 PM

ssphunter has a brilliant futuressphunter has a brilliant futuressphunter has a brilliant futuressphunter has a brilliant futuressphunter has a brilliant futuressphunter has a brilliant futuressphunter has a brilliant futuressphunter has a brilliant futuressphunter has a brilliant futuressphunter has a brilliant futuressphunter has a brilliant future
Thanks for the replys. It is not the same quad, this one is supposed to be near Portage. I also forund one sold in the classifieds that the person was asking 3900OBO.
Mike
Old 04-17-2007, 07:50 AM
Boggy River Riders

manitoba450es has much to be proud ofmanitoba450es has much to be proud ofmanitoba450es has much to be proud ofmanitoba450es has much to be proud ofmanitoba450es has much to be proud ofmanitoba450es has much to be proud ofmanitoba450es has much to be proud ofmanitoba450es has much to be proud ofmanitoba450es has much to be proud ofmanitoba450es has much to be proud of
front wheel bearings, rear axle bearing, front and rear brakes. That's the typical stuff on honda's. Just wear and tear, and these parts wear out.

make sure it shifts smooth. i remember when ES first came out some buttons were kind've stickey.

Other wise these bikes are tanks. Unless its been swamped and run with water in the crank these motors are bullet proof.

Mike
HMF Muffler, Perfex Long Travel Kit,
1" Wheel Spacers, Snorkled,
Warn Winch, Hand and Tumb Warmers
Old 04-17-2007, 09:15 AM
Northerner

Palssonater has a reputation beyond reputePalssonater has a reputation beyond reputePalssonater has a reputation beyond reputePalssonater has a reputation beyond reputePalssonater has a reputation beyond reputePalssonater has a reputation beyond reputePalssonater has a reputation beyond reputePalssonater has a reputation beyond reputePalssonater has a reputation beyond reputePalssonater has a reputation beyond reputePalssonater has a reputation beyond repute
I am surpised your answers wasn't "Priceless" mike. lol.
'05 Honda Rubicon 500 CTE
27" OUTLAWS
Detroit Gearless Locker
Moose Lift Kit
Warn 3.0s Winch
60" Moose Plow
Garmin 60CS
Old 04-17-2007, 10:35 AM
Boggy River Riders

manitoba450es has much to be proud ofmanitoba450es has much to be proud ofmanitoba450es has much to be proud ofmanitoba450es has much to be proud ofmanitoba450es has much to be proud ofmanitoba450es has much to be proud ofmanitoba450es has much to be proud ofmanitoba450es has much to be proud ofmanitoba450es has much to be proud ofmanitoba450es has much to be proud of
LOL, Good one Brady,

If you offered me a brand new Rubi or Rincon or any bike for that matter I wouldn't trade it for my 450. Love that bike. It's not fast, It's probably the roughest ride of all the ATV's out there, It's not even really that good in thick clay like mud, but in the swamp......... that's where it shines. The only way you'll out swamp me is on the back of a moose.

Mike
HMF Muffler, Perfex Long Travel Kit,
1" Wheel Spacers, Snorkled,
Warn Winch, Hand and Tumb Warmers
Old 04-17-2007, 04:34 PM

My kid brother has one of those 450s. He can outpower my Rubicon500CTE no problem. I do have a much better ride though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manitoba450es
LOL, Good one Brady,

If you offered me a brand new Rubi or Rincon or any bike for that matter I wouldn't trade it for my 450. Love that bike. It's not fast, It's probably the roughest ride of all the ATV's out there, It's not even really that good in thick clay like mud, but in the swamp......... that's where it shines. The only way you'll out swamp me is on the back of a moose.

Mike
Old 04-17-2007, 10:38 PM
ʞoɯɐ unɹ ɹoʇɐɹʇsıuıɯpɐ

Thanked 1,946 Times in 805 Posts
Snowman has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman has a reputation beyond repute
A 2000 WITH 1500 KMS on it and in new shape, no scratches or nothing sold at an auction here just a bit ago for $7100.00
Hondas hold thier value like crazy.
and the previous posts list the trouble spots on them.
and yup, its a tank.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:02 PM

Went and checked out that quad tonight. Turns out it was her dads and they just wanted an opinion on what it was worth. I played around with it for a while and the only thing I could see was it will need brakes. Other than that it went great. Seems to have lots of torque and ran great. It doesn't idle verry well when cold but then again neither does my CTE. Anyways, thanks for the input everyone.
Mike
Old 05-20-2007, 10:02 PM

350hondaman is on a distinguished road
just need to adjust the air/fuel screw on the bottom of the carb and she'll purr like a kitten... and kittin with 433CCs of pure bulletproof honda power.

Chris

Tags
450es, foreman, honda