If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > ATV Brand Discussions > Suzuki ATV

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-22-2007, 07:08 AM
C-GABY

kenora is a name known to allkenora is a name known to allkenora is a name known to allkenora is a name known to allkenora is a name known to allkenora is a name known to all
Doing a front end alignment on King Quad?

Hi guys...I working through a bunch of fall/winter prep on the KQ. After I got the new stud/lug nut on (thanks Bry!) I tackled the mounting plate for the 60 Moose County plow. To make life eaier I stood the KQ on its tail and worked away at the belly (works great this way)...however when I stood back a bit to admire my work I think I discovered why my bike pulls to the right (it has since new)...the right/front tire is turned in at the front enough so I can notice it while the left front is pointed straight ahead (this while the handle bar is pointed straight ahead)...it seems a little adjustment is in order...
Does anyone know how to do a front end alignment on this machine?

I took a picture to show the problem but it doesn't look nearly as bad in a photo as in real life (?)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC09269 (Large).JPG (107.0 KB, 161 views)
Ripe Avocado Camo
Old 08-22-2007, 08:04 AM
Quads add spice to life

Thanked 1,187 Times in 580 Posts
The Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond repute
I think it is done by a measurement.can't be too much fun
2nd -2 - 350 Honda Foutrax
3rd - 06 Vinson
4th - The King 750,08
5th - 2011 Camo Commander 1000XT.
Bit of a break, bought a S2000 for now
Old 08-22-2007, 08:14 AM
Northerner

Palssonater has a reputation beyond reputePalssonater has a reputation beyond reputePalssonater has a reputation beyond reputePalssonater has a reputation beyond reputePalssonater has a reputation beyond reputePalssonater has a reputation beyond reputePalssonater has a reputation beyond reputePalssonater has a reputation beyond reputePalssonater has a reputation beyond reputePalssonater has a reputation beyond reputePalssonater has a reputation beyond repute
Not sure about your quad, but on mine, there is a locknut where the inner tie rod end meets the outer. Back that off so you have room to work with and about 3/4's up the inner tie rod end is a place for a wrench. Turn the tie rod so that it threads out to 'push' your tire into alignment. Then re tighten the lock nut.

I had the same problem with my CTE when it came. I just measured the front of the tire in relation to the other. And the back of the tire in relation to the other. Got it within spec I think. Not that Its a highway machine, so close counts.
'05 Honda Rubicon 500 CTE
27" OUTLAWS
Detroit Gearless Locker
Moose Lift Kit
Warn 3.0s Winch
60" Moose Plow
Garmin 60CS
Old 08-22-2007, 08:19 AM

wild man has much to be proud ofwild man has much to be proud ofwild man has much to be proud ofwild man has much to be proud ofwild man has much to be proud ofwild man has much to be proud ofwild man has much to be proud ofwild man has much to be proud ofwild man has much to be proud ofwild man has much to be proud of
wild man

go on nyroc web site they have a step by step with pictures
Old 08-22-2007, 08:20 AM
What kind of Yamaha are U

Thanked 1,880 Times in 817 Posts
Bubbles has a reputation beyond reputeBubbles has a reputation beyond reputeBubbles has a reputation beyond reputeBubbles has a reputation beyond reputeBubbles has a reputation beyond reputeBubbles has a reputation beyond reputeBubbles has a reputation beyond reputeBubbles has a reputation beyond reputeBubbles has a reputation beyond reputeBubbles has a reputation beyond reputeBubbles has a reputation beyond repute
its easy.. but it takes two, so grab someone who can read a tape line........ put your quad on level ground. Align your handle bars straight ahead. loosen off your lock nut on your tie rod end. measure at the back of the front tires at spindle height. then measure the front side of your front tires at spindle height. Make sure you use the same measuring point each time.... every tire out there has a center line, measure from that each time. adjust your tie rod while holding your measuring tape at the front of the tire, turing the tie-rod the wrong way will toe-out your tire. You are looking to have a slight toe-in of your tire. total toe of 1/4" or 1/8" side to side. You can check your individual toe if you have a center-line of your quad, then measure out from your centerline to the center of the front of your front tires and adjust till you have the same measurment front side to side and slightly in from you back of your front tires......

Hope this makes sence to everyone out there..... dam mechanic trying to explain sumthin.........
Old 08-22-2007, 08:27 AM
C-GABY

kenora is a name known to allkenora is a name known to allkenora is a name known to allkenora is a name known to allkenora is a name known to allkenora is a name known to all
wildman...I was just looking in the KQ tech section there and didn't see it?..
thechef, bubbles, pallsonator...thanks for the great ideas .
Ripe Avocado Camo
Old 08-22-2007, 08:46 AM
C-GABY

EXCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELENT!.........found it...thanks all!

http://www.nyrocatv.com/techtip.cgi?...&viewtopic=237
Ripe Avocado Camo
Old 08-22-2007, 08:51 AM

wild man has much to be proud ofwild man has much to be proud ofwild man has much to be proud ofwild man has much to be proud ofwild man has much to be proud ofwild man has much to be proud ofwild man has much to be proud ofwild man has much to be proud ofwild man has much to be proud ofwild man has much to be proud of
wild man

good i just went there to find it for you with more details but you found it before i got back ,,i made this jig and its great and it works on all quads
Old 08-22-2007, 06:03 PM
C-GABY

Wildman....is there anyway you could post a picture of the gig you made?
Ripe Avocado Camo
Old 08-22-2007, 10:38 PM

wild man

exactly like the one on nyroc

Tags
alignment, front