If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > ATV Brand Discussions > Motobishi/Other ATV's

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 10:20 PM

clcnew is on a distinguished road
700 UTV Hisun just bought

Hey, I'm a long time atv, just bought a UTV, its the 700 model, similiar to the motobishi and powermax. So far I've checked the exhaust bolts and checked over the electrical, added dielectric grease. Is there anything else I should consider doing to prepare this for the trails, hoping for suggestions from others who may be running this machine. Also I really hate the dim headlights, anyone mod the lights or just add auxillary ones?
Old 03-13-2010, 05:24 AM
GC IS EVRYTHING

Thanked 1,279 Times in 773 Posts
Ilovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think anybody has one of those on this forum? I never heard of it do u have pics?
2007 650 H1 front and rear bumpers, HL springs, HL 2" lift, 27" Zilla's, snorked, re-jetted,
2006 F7 with some goodies
2005 ZR 900 SP EFI pushing 180 ponies
2002 edge x 700 with
2008 KQ 750 moose bumpers, 3" lift, HL springs, HL clutch kit, Custom Decals, Twin air, 29'5 LAWs
Old 03-13-2010, 08:12 AM

Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,471 Posts
Ditch_pickle has a reputation beyond reputeDitch_pickle has a reputation beyond reputeDitch_pickle has a reputation beyond reputeDitch_pickle has a reputation beyond reputeDitch_pickle has a reputation beyond reputeDitch_pickle has a reputation beyond reputeDitch_pickle has a reputation beyond reputeDitch_pickle has a reputation beyond reputeDitch_pickle has a reputation beyond reputeDitch_pickle has a reputation beyond reputeDitch_pickle has a reputation beyond repute
Its another copy cat ... http://www.outbackpower.ca/utv_700.html

FYI: I'm Baaaaack !!!!!!

2009 Prowler XTZ 1000 27" Grim Reapers
with too many mods... to the point
they will not all fit in this box

Last edited by Ditch_pickle; 03-13-2010 at 08:16 AM.
Old 03-13-2010, 03:14 PM

Thanked 1,660 Times in 1,101 Posts
four_420_twenty has a brilliant futurefour_420_twenty has a brilliant futurefour_420_twenty has a brilliant futurefour_420_twenty has a brilliant futurefour_420_twenty has a brilliant futurefour_420_twenty has a brilliant futurefour_420_twenty has a brilliant futurefour_420_twenty has a brilliant futurefour_420_twenty has a brilliant futurefour_420_twenty has a brilliant futurefour_420_twenty has a brilliant future
that one looks like the mule i would say. or the kawi

2010 Arctic Cat Sno Pro 500- D&D Can, 09 600 sno x motor ~~ sold
2013 rmz 250 4stroke
2014 el tigre 6000
Old 03-13-2010, 08:09 PM
Official Site Skeptic

Thanked 3,046 Times in 945 Posts
mongrol has a reputation beyond reputemongrol has a reputation beyond reputemongrol has a reputation beyond reputemongrol has a reputation beyond reputemongrol has a reputation beyond reputemongrol has a reputation beyond reputemongrol has a reputation beyond reputemongrol has a reputation beyond reputemongrol has a reputation beyond reputemongrol has a reputation beyond reputemongrol has a reputation beyond repute
Keep us posted on your likes and dislikes of the UTV.

2009 Polaris Sportsman 550XP, EPS,Tatou 4S Tracks , 3000 lb. Warn Winch, Lock & Ride Windshield & Cargo Box, Rear Racks, Hot Grips, Ricochet Plates.

Old 03-13-2010, 09:21 PM

clcnew is on a distinguished road
Well, Hisun, by the way, is the actual manufacturer of all of these units, meaning the motobishi, Powermax and the other ones that look like that, there is somewhat of an identity crisis with these units because they are all badged by the dealer, I don't know why they do it that way.. anyway though. I don't really like it to be honest. Kinda slow for me. I find it has lots of little creaks and moans and weird smells. I've had two new ATV's before and never smelled like this when new. Kind of worries me a bit. I find that I'm expecting it to breakdown, maybe I should give it a chance, but my brother bought one as well and he's having issues (we bought them together). So I might sell it, not that there is anything really wrong with it, just that I think I'll stick to ATV's for now, it's nice to take two people, but they are actually kinda noisy so you can't really talk while driving anyway. But I'll keep you guys informed of what I end up doing with it.
The Following User Says Thank You to clcnew For This Useful Post:
vinnie (02-04-2012)
Old 10-23-2010, 10:17 AM

rschem is on a distinguished road
Cool bolts to check

Hi I have a hsun 700 .I have had to tighten the clamping bolts on both ends of the stering shaft.I had noticable play on the steering until i tightened them.If left they would wear the splines on both ends.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:48 AM

Angry rear wheel bearings

HI
has any one had to replace rear wheel bearings? I have a 2010 hi sun and both rear wheel bearings are shot.I have only gone through mud puddles on the trail , never submerged or crossed creeks.I have about 960km on .
Old 11-02-2010, 02:01 PM
' AKA Motobishi Maniac '

Thanked 1,131 Times in 435 Posts
Sinister has much to be proud ofSinister has much to be proud ofSinister has much to be proud ofSinister has much to be proud ofSinister has much to be proud ofSinister has much to be proud ofSinister has much to be proud ofSinister has much to be proud ofSinister has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by rschem View Post
HI
has any one had to replace rear wheel bearings? I have a 2010 hi sun and both rear wheel bearings are shot.I have only gone through mud puddles on the trail , never submerged or crossed creeks.I have about 960km on .
If your warranty is over replace them with any aftermarket ones. All Balls are one of my favorites and you get a really cool sticker. $90 or so for a bearing and seal kit, problem solved.
Motobishi Raptorex 800 -27" XTR's on ITP 312's, ///Airdam Stage 5+ CV Tech clutch, Machined secondary,RDC Rad Gaurd, Rad Relocate, Xenon 8000K H.I.D's, Snorkled, Uni filters, GYTR resi shocks, 2" lift kit
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sinister For This Useful Post:
Ditch_pickle (11-02-2010), Shoemaker (12-21-2010)
Old 11-03-2010, 03:30 AM

bbrent is a glorious beacon of lightbbrent is a glorious beacon of lightbbrent is a glorious beacon of lightbbrent is a glorious beacon of lightbbrent is a glorious beacon of lightbbrent is a glorious beacon of light
Build quality always seems to be lacking with machines out of the east. Check every bolt for tighness. Many will be either too tight/stripped or will be loose. Have talked to some who have literaly taken the machine apart and put it back together again. I chose not to but have ended up doing it in stages as parts would fall off. Also check front end aligment, mine was out so bad don't know how they expected anyone to drive it.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:48 PM

Rear diff.

HI I was just driving around My yard and I noticed whenever I turn My UTV digs up the grass.Has anyone noticed this?This is with the 4x4 switch in the normal 2wd position. I jacked up 1 rear wheel and sure eneugh the wheel will not turn if the other wheel is on the ground.I haven't checked the wiring yet.Just wondering if this is electrial fault or mechanical.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:18 AM
Always makin' tracks

Thanked 2,066 Times in 722 Posts
Tracstar has a reputation beyond reputeTracstar has a reputation beyond reputeTracstar has a reputation beyond reputeTracstar has a reputation beyond reputeTracstar has a reputation beyond reputeTracstar has a reputation beyond reputeTracstar has a reputation beyond reputeTracstar has a reputation beyond reputeTracstar has a reputation beyond reputeTracstar has a reputation beyond reputeTracstar has a reputation beyond repute
Cool

Quote:
HI I was just driving around My yard and I noticed whenever I turn My UTV digs up the grass.Has anyone noticed this?This is with the 4x4 switch in the normal 2wd position. I jacked up 1 rear wheel and sure eneugh the wheel will not turn if the other wheel is on the ground.I haven't checked the wiring yet.Just wondering if this is electrial fault or mechanical.
Most all UTVs have a locked rear end so this is normal when turning. If your UTV has a lockable rear differential,( would be nice) then there will be a second switch on the dash for engaging. Also, I think that most of the problems with these machines is with final dealer setup. Hope this helps. Tracstar

2014 Terralander 800EFI EPS. 2014 Camoplast T4S Tracks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tracstar For This Useful Post:
rschem (11-06-2010), vinnie (02-04-2012)
Old 11-06-2010, 07:00 AM
dancer

dancer is on a distinguished road
No it like there quad, It's more like the Rihno
Old 11-06-2010, 06:36 PM

Thanks for the info.I should have known as the manual calls it the final drive where as the front is called the front diff. learning all the time!
Old 12-21-2010, 10:41 AM

Quote:
HI
mechanic says it is bushings normal play not bad eneugh to replace.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:35 AM

manm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracstar View Post
Most all UTVs have a locked rear end so this is normal when turning. If your UTV has a lockable rear differential,( would be nice) then there will be a second switch on the dash for engaging. Also, I think that most of the problems with these machines is with final dealer setup. Hope this helps. Tracstar

The only UTV with lockable/unlockable rear diff is the Big Red... No?

=Hers=07 Foreman TRX500FPE (PS)
26" Mlite XTR's, SS112 Warn 3500
=Her second! SPOILED!=11 Can-am Outy MAX LTD (AIR)(PS)
Loaded caddy! 28' Zillas
=His=08 Grizzly 700 ltd (PS)
26" Mlite XTR's, Warn 3500 wireless
Old 12-21-2010, 11:40 AM
' AKA Motobishi Maniac '

Thanked 1,131 Times in 435 Posts
Sinister has much to be proud ofSinister has much to be proud ofSinister has much to be proud ofSinister has much to be proud ofSinister has much to be proud ofSinister has much to be proud ofSinister has much to be proud ofSinister has much to be proud ofSinister has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by manm View Post
The only UTV with lockable/unlockable rear diff is the Big Red... No?
The Motobishi Raptorex 800 UTV has a lockable/unlockable rear diff. As does polaris on there RZR European edition. Not sure why it wouldn't be available here or the US.
Motobishi Raptorex 800 -27" XTR's on ITP 312's, ///Airdam Stage 5+ CV Tech clutch, Machined secondary,RDC Rad Gaurd, Rad Relocate, Xenon 8000K H.I.D's, Snorkled, Uni filters, GYTR resi shocks, 2" lift kit
Old 12-21-2010, 11:57 AM
BELIEVE

team redneck will become famous soon enoughteam redneck will become famous soon enough
our 2010 xp ranger also has a locked unlocked (turf lock) rear diff switch
YOU HOME
Old 12-21-2010, 08:16 PM
M A N I T O B A !

Thanked 2,021 Times in 898 Posts
Shoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by clcnew View Post
Hey, I'm a long time atv, just bought a UTV, its the 700 model, similiar to the motobishi and powermax. So far I've checked the exhaust bolts and checked over the electrical, added dielectric grease. Is there anything else I should consider doing to prepare this for the trails, hoping for suggestions from others who may be running this machine. Also I really hate the dim headlights, anyone mod the lights or just add auxillary ones?
Congrats on your new ride. Hope you enjoy it and have fun with it!

Old 12-21-2010, 11:59 PM
XTP

Ziptie is just really niceZiptie is just really niceZiptie is just really niceZiptie is just really niceZiptie is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by shomkr View Post
Congrats on your new ride. Hope you enjoy it and have fun with it!

Do you realize he started this post in March?
2009 Renegade 500
2008 XT400

Tags
bought, hisun