If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > Snowmobile Brand Discussions > Yamaha Sleds

Old 11-17-2005, 12:49 PM
Driver Extraordinaire!

KODIAK ARREST is a glorious beacon of lightKODIAK ARREST is a glorious beacon of lightKODIAK ARREST is a glorious beacon of lightKODIAK ARREST is a glorious beacon of lightKODIAK ARREST is a glorious beacon of light
Exclamation Carb Tuning?

does anybody have a whole wack of spare jets, needles, and seats kicking around. i have an 81 srx 440 but it does not have the butterfly carbs it has the round slides. i have a low end bog and it just does'nt run right. if anybody can help me out that would be great. or does someone want to work on it?
2011 can am outlander 800 xt max ,i.s.s. intake,apache wide tracks, 28" highlifter outlaws on itp ss 312's, f/r hw ,tw, windshield, xxc KYB shocks, brp cargo box with quick attach, brp skids, king atv pod and equus gauges,Hmf penland Exhaust,hmf fuel programmer,front and rear renegade pegs, kolpin flares, 2 kolpin spare fuel tanks, xmr rad relocate, 3500 lb superwinch, kimpex "click and go" plow, magellen 500le gps.
THAT FUNNY TASTE IN YOUR MOUTH IS MY ROOST!!
Old 11-17-2005, 02:00 PM
Ride Don't Wrench

mrYamaha will become famous soon enoughmrYamaha will become famous soon enough
I have a wack of round mikuni jets, a couple of pilots, no needles. You need to check a few things first. I have had many of those older Yammys and still have a couple for the kids. I think your problem is a fuel delivery problem not a carb problem. Check for bubbles in the fuel line, or an intake boot may be rotten. Also put in fresh gas. All older sleds often have fuel pump failure, things dry out and they suck in air. or they get gummed up. The carb may get gummed up also. Don't rejet unless there are not stock jets in there now.
You will blow it up for sure.
2003 Cat FIS 500
2005 Bruin 350
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwMJCaFwZCI
Old 11-17-2005, 08:32 PM
Paid Advertiser

Thanked 1,541 Times in 711 Posts
GIBBIES has a reputation beyond reputeGIBBIES has a reputation beyond reputeGIBBIES has a reputation beyond reputeGIBBIES has a reputation beyond reputeGIBBIES has a reputation beyond reputeGIBBIES has a reputation beyond reputeGIBBIES has a reputation beyond reputeGIBBIES has a reputation beyond reputeGIBBIES has a reputation beyond reputeGIBBIES has a reputation beyond reputeGIBBIES has a reputation beyond repute
1981 Srx is in my error your problem isnt carb, the bog comes from the clutching .I had 3 Drag racers 77 ssr, 77 srx ,and the fastest was my 81 srx , it definetly can be tuned. Lets Talk we can do a little testing?
925 Lagimodiere Blvd
(204) 233-3667
dgibson@ennsbros.com
www.ennspowersports.com
Let's Ryde!!!

Tags
tuning