If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > Trail Guide > Environmental Issues

Old 03-22-2011, 10:43 AM
The Devil's Advocate

Thanked 1,507 Times in 537 Posts
polaris_dave has much to be proud ofpolaris_dave has much to be proud ofpolaris_dave has much to be proud ofpolaris_dave has much to be proud ofpolaris_dave has much to be proud ofpolaris_dave has much to be proud ofpolaris_dave has much to be proud ofpolaris_dave has much to be proud ofpolaris_dave has much to be proud ofpolaris_dave has much to be proud of
Exclamation Mars Hills Update & Petition

Hi Everyone,
Here is an update I sent out yesterday. Please take the time to fill in the petition and send it to anyone else you know who is interested.
If you would like to be added to my list for future e-mails, please PM me your e-mail address.
Thanks
Dave

Hi Everyone,

This is the second follow up that I am sending after the Mars Hills Public Meeting of March 17, 2011.

PETITION & QUESTIONNAIRE

I have created an online petition that can be accessed here:

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/MARSHILL/petition.html

Please feel free to forward this petition to anyone that you know. I am also including the paper copy of the petition as well.

Please hand in all paper petitions to Chris Fox-Decent, Jeff Sobetski at Sobetski Enterprises, Craig Joba or myself.

Also, I am attaching another version of the Mars Hills Questionnaire, which can be filled in electronically. Then you can save it and e-mail it directly to Jennifer Lusk at Conservation without having to print the pages. Please take the time to fill in this questionnaire and return it to Manitoba Conservation! Here is a direct link to the survey:
http://209.85.48.20/8164/68/0/p10202..._HILLS_WMA.pdf

NEWSPAPER ARTICLES

For those who do not receive the Clipper Weekly Newspaper, I am attaching a link to an article in today’s paper.

http://www.clipper.mb.ca/headlines.htm#day

The Mars Hills Forest Alliance has is sponsoring a series of environmental presentations geared to inform and educate in conjunction with Earth Day. I encourage everyone to attend these presentations to learn more about the Mars Hills Forest Alliance and what their mandate is for the R.M. of Brokenhead. The Alliance is spearheaded by Mrs. Peggy Kasuba, who can be reached at 265-3499, as stated in the article.

Since the Clipper deadline is Wednesday at noon, there is no information about the March 17th meeting in this current issue. If anyone wishes to write an editorial, please submit to the Clipper before Wednesday at noon. news@clipper.mb.ca

There is also an article on Page 7 in the Selkirk Record, which was published before the March 17th meeting. You can go to their website here to download the current issue: http://c0002468.cdn2.cloudfiles.rack...Record0317.pdf

Be sure to check next week’s issues of the Clipper, the Record and the Lac du Bonnet Leader for news stories related to the March 17th meeting.

http://www.clipper.mb.ca/

http://www.selkirkrecord.com/

http://www.lacdubonnetleader.com/

CONTACTS

Also, for those who attended the March 17th meeting, Ms. Lindy Clubb spoke on behalf of the Mixedwood Forest Society. If you wish to speak with her, you can contact her at 204-475-9608 or by e-mail at lindy@frozen.ca

Mr. Ken MacMaster from the Manitoba Wildlife Federation also spoke at the meeting, and was very well received. He is a former Manitoba Minister of Natural Resources and is currently the Senior Policy Advisor for the Federation. If you would like to speak with him, he can be reached at 204-345-2925 or by e-mail at loonhavin@hotmail.com

Finally, if you know of anyone who would like to be added to my mailing list, please send their address my way. Alternately, if you wish to be removed from this mailing list, please let me know.

Once I receive any further communication from MB Conservation, I will be sure to pass it along to you.

While I have your attention I’m going to give our snowmobile club a small plug. We are holding a Spud & Steak Fundraiser on Saturday, April 9th starting at 6:00 pm at the Beausejour Legion. Tickets are $20. Please contact me if you would like tickets.

Thanks

David Kryschuk
President
Brokenhead Trail Blazers
204-268-8206

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to polaris_dave For This Useful Post:
adventurepwrproducts (03-24-2011), Duke_Of_URL (03-22-2011), garyh (03-22-2011), Grizzlypeg (03-23-2011), MPCPL (03-22-2011), ProComp (03-29-2011), REVREND (03-22-2011), Skidmark (08-30-2011), yamahay (03-23-2011)
Old 03-22-2011, 11:45 AM
Breakdown.

Thanked 10,279 Times in 2,930 Posts
Duke_Of_URL has a reputation beyond reputeDuke_Of_URL has a reputation beyond reputeDuke_Of_URL has a reputation beyond reputeDuke_Of_URL has a reputation beyond reputeDuke_Of_URL has a reputation beyond reputeDuke_Of_URL has a reputation beyond reputeDuke_Of_URL has a reputation beyond reputeDuke_Of_URL has a reputation beyond reputeDuke_Of_URL has a reputation beyond reputeDuke_Of_URL has a reputation beyond reputeDuke_Of_URL has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks much Dave. I'll PM you my email and please let me know how I can get a hold of the paper copy of the petition. I'm not keen on advertising my home address on a publicly accessible website.

EDIT: The updated questionnaire PDF cannot be filled in and saved if you only use Adobe Reader.

Last edited by Duke_Of_URL; 03-22-2011 at 11:50 AM.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:04 PM
The Devil's Advocate

polaris_dave has much to be proud ofpolaris_dave has much to be proud ofpolaris_dave has much to be proud ofpolaris_dave has much to be proud ofpolaris_dave has much to be proud ofpolaris_dave has much to be proud ofpolaris_dave has much to be proud ofpolaris_dave has much to be proud ofpolaris_dave has much to be proud ofpolaris_dave has much to be proud of
Sorry, here's the paper petition.

The Following User Says Thank You to polaris_dave For This Useful Post:
Duke_Of_URL (03-22-2011)
Old 03-22-2011, 01:19 PM

puddle_jumper is a jewel in the roughpuddle_jumper is a jewel in the roughpuddle_jumper is a jewel in the roughpuddle_jumper is a jewel in the rough
Who do we send the completed questionnaire to?

Nevermind, found it.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:40 PM
The Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddle_jumper View Post
Who do we send the completed questionnaire to?

Nevermind, found it.
I'll post it again anyways. Deadline for questionnaires is March 31.

Jennifer Lusk
Manitoba Conservation
160-123 Main Street
Winnipeg,MB
R3C 1A5
1-800-214-6497
945-4391
Jennifer.lusk@gov.mb.ca

Please return all petition forms to Chris Fox-Decent, Craig Joba, Sobetski Enterprises or myself. We will submit them to Conservation as one complete package. Deadline for the petition will be Wednesday, April 6th.
Thanks
Dave

Old 03-22-2011, 06:17 PM
The Great Ga-Shoe!

Thanked 2,341 Times in 1,048 Posts
Shoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond repute
I completed the petition online just now. :)

Lets kick some butt, and keep our riding areas open, BRAVO to those who have organized, and are bringing on the fight!

I'm humbled.

Shoe. #94 on the petition.

Last edited by Shoemaker; 03-22-2011 at 06:18 PM. Reason: forgot i was 94 on the online petition.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:37 PM
Breakdown.

Duke_Of_URL has a reputation beyond reputeDuke_Of_URL has a reputation beyond reputeDuke_Of_URL has a reputation beyond reputeDuke_Of_URL has a reputation beyond reputeDuke_Of_URL has a reputation beyond reputeDuke_Of_URL has a reputation beyond reputeDuke_Of_URL has a reputation beyond reputeDuke_Of_URL has a reputation beyond reputeDuke_Of_URL has a reputation beyond reputeDuke_Of_URL has a reputation beyond reputeDuke_Of_URL has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by polaris_dave View Post
Please return all petition forms to Chris Fox-Decent, Craig Joba, Sobetski Enterprises or myself. We will submit them to Conservation as one complete package.
I've filled out and scanned (PDF) the petition. Can I just email it to president@atvmb.ca or is there another address (or addresses) I should send to?
Old 03-22-2011, 08:01 PM
Cat Racks no more.

Thanked 2,417 Times in 995 Posts
garyh has a reputation beyond reputegaryh has a reputation beyond reputegaryh has a reputation beyond reputegaryh has a reputation beyond reputegaryh has a reputation beyond reputegaryh has a reputation beyond reputegaryh has a reputation beyond reputegaryh has a reputation beyond reputegaryh has a reputation beyond reputegaryh has a reputation beyond reputegaryh has a reputation beyond repute
Filled mine out at the Atv.Mb AGM on sunday sent questionare out on saturday. Thanks for all your hard work guys.
WOODRIDGE SANDHOGS CLUB PRESIDENT .2006 500 Cat std , 26" MUD HOGS , 10's front 12's rear , front bumper , rear bumper , hand warmers , 3000 pound warn winch , foot rests , HID lights . More to come ! THANKS TO CRIKSIDE.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:06 PM

rcure will become famous soon enoughrcure will become famous soon enough
i wonder if this could be sent around facebook
Old 03-22-2011, 08:12 PM
The Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcure View Post
i wonder if this could be sent around facebook
Send to whoever you like, as long as we get them back by April 6th.

It's already on FB on the BORR, BTB and Brokenhead River Game and Fish pages. I think there's also a link on the ATVMB page.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:00 AM
The Devil's Advocate

to the top

Spread the word!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-23-2011, 10:13 AM
Breakdown.

Questionnaire emailed to Jen and the petition sent to ATVMB pres. Thanks again for the electronic copies!
Old 03-23-2011, 11:51 AM
The Devil's Advocate

191 people so far online!

Old 03-23-2011, 01:59 PM
Life's Too Short

Thanked 2,928 Times in 1,018 Posts
freelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke_Of_URL View Post
Questionnaire emailed to Jen and the petition sent to ATVMB pres. Thanks again for the electronic copies!
I scanned and emailed the questionaire to Jennifer and it came back as "mail undeliverable".

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<jennifer.lusk@gov.mb.ca>
(reason: 552 5.3.4 Message size exceeds fixed maximum message size)
Polaris Lock & Ride Half Windshield
Polaris 3500lb Winch, Rock Sliders
Polaris XP Deluxe Front & Rear Brushguards
Polaris XP Lock & Ride Cargo Box
Garmin Montana 600, GoPro HD Motosports Hero Cam
2014 Yamaha SR Viper XTX SE Heat Red, 1990 Swiftsure Bowrider 90 HP Yamaha, 2004 Dodge Durango SLT
Old 03-23-2011, 02:30 PM

dwbaxt is a splendid one to beholddwbaxt is a splendid one to beholddwbaxt is a splendid one to beholddwbaxt is a splendid one to beholddwbaxt is a splendid one to beholddwbaxt is a splendid one to beholddwbaxt is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by freelance View Post
I scanned and emailed the questionnaire to Jennifer and it came back as "mail undeliverable".

Your scan is too big, usually the government has limits on the size of attachment, when you scan, try and achieve the smallest possible file size.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:56 PM
Breakdown.

Quote:
I scanned and emailed the questionaire to Jennifer and it came back as "mail undeliverable".

What file format did you scan it in? Mine was scanned as a PDF so it went no problem. If yours got bounced you may have scanned to a large size file format like BMP, TIFF, etc..
Old 03-23-2011, 04:06 PM
Life's Too Short

freelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke_Of_URL View Post
What file format did you scan it in? Mine was scanned as a PDF so it went no problem. If yours got bounced you may have scanned to a large size file format like BMP, TIFF, etc..
Thanks.......I was thinking I should change it to a PDF........will do !!!!

Originally saved as a JPG.
2014 Yamaha SR Viper XTX SE Heat Red, 1990 Swiftsure Bowrider 90 HP Yamaha, 2004 Dodge Durango SLT
Old 03-23-2011, 04:29 PM
Life's Too Short

Just sent it..........thanks boyz !!!!!!
Old 03-23-2011, 06:01 PM
Breakdown.

Quote:
Thanks.......I was thinking I should change it to a PDF........will do !!!!

Originally saved as a JPG.
An 8.5"x11" JPG can get larger than a gov mailbox can handle for sure, depending on quality settings. Glad to hear you got it fixed up!
Old 03-23-2011, 08:34 PM

Thanked 2,065 Times in 1,183 Posts
tonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond repute
It was very easy to fill this out over the net, i think i was 133.
Hope this helps only been there a few times but alot of fun there on a few occasions:)

Tags
hills, petition, update