If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > ATV Brand Discussions

View Poll Results: What manufacturer should I get next?
Arctic Cat 7 4.93%
Polaris 27 19.01%
Suzuki 8 5.63%
Yamaha 17 11.97%
Honda 5 3.52%
Kawasaki 25 17.61%
Can Am 53 37.32%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-15-2011, 04:41 PM

Thanked 4,785 Times in 1,544 Posts
bbertram has a reputation beyond reputebbertram has a reputation beyond reputebbertram has a reputation beyond reputebbertram has a reputation beyond reputebbertram has a reputation beyond reputebbertram has a reputation beyond reputebbertram has a reputation beyond reputebbertram has a reputation beyond reputebbertram has a reputation beyond reputebbertram has a reputation beyond reputebbertram has a reputation beyond repute
What bike should I get next?

I might be in the market for a new quad. What do you think I should get and why?

Can-am - visco-lock is a major problem for me, still not sure how quick the new QE visco-lock engages, needs to be proven to me.

Kawi - 2wd/4wd engagement is slow, hard to play in 2wd and get out in 4wd.

Suzuki - no local dealer, other than that good bike, average overall

Yamaha - its a yamaha! harder to snorkel

Cat - weak diffs, axles and wiring is not thought out

Honda - I don't think so Tim.

Polaris - clicky goes the tranny when you run big tires and goose the throttle. ITS A POLARIS!!

Those are all the negatives of each, I'm leaning to yamaha, maybe a kawi or canam. I don't know......I love my cat but with this last problem I'm getting tired.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:43 PM
Space shuttle door gunner

05cummins is just really nice05cummins is just really nice05cummins is just really nice05cummins is just really nice05cummins is just really nice
I dunno if riding with vertigo doesnt prove that a can am is the best bike I dont think anything is guna.

But you should get a good bike so not another cat! LOL
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 05cummins For This Useful Post:
bbertram (05-15-2011), BRP Fan (05-15-2011), Brutus (05-15-2011), luker (05-15-2011), Maxter (06-06-2011), Vertigo (05-15-2011)
Old 05-15-2011, 05:18 PM

JELLI-BEAN 500 is just really niceJELLI-BEAN 500 is just really niceJELLI-BEAN 500 is just really niceJELLI-BEAN 500 is just really nice
they say that the can am only needs 1/4 to 1/2 a turn to engage now , i'm still in love with my 850 , i love it!

2010 850 xp 2'' rubber down 30 silverbacks , [HIS]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JELLI-BEAN 500 For This Useful Post:
bbertram (05-15-2011), Vertigo (05-15-2011)
Old 05-15-2011, 05:24 PM
quad central = crane lake

QUADNUT has much to be proud ofQUADNUT has much to be proud ofQUADNUT has much to be proud ofQUADNUT has much to be proud ofQUADNUT has much to be proud ofQUADNUT has much to be proud ofQUADNUT has much to be proud ofQUADNUT has much to be proud of
Rode with 9 cam ams yesterday, heres what i found......8 of them all overheated on way back. Id do the rad relocate to keep rad accessible for cleaning. Mine was throwing the light on when towing, rad had lots of mud, and i hadnt washed rad out this spring yet. 2 broken front axles, some times visco lock can be hard on cvs if you need to spin it fast before it hooks up. One blown belt, but he was dragging out a dead can am commander with one flat tire and a rim missing in some major mud and hills. There were a few renes, outlanders (xt,xtp,xmr), and commander. The majority of the problems were all driver related, they were hard on things and the terrain was nasty. The can am power is undeniable, fuel mileage was good, nicer handling, but lower ground clearance than me. Clutches didnt like slow engagement for tricky navigation of off cambers, ledges, logs, or easing into a tow strap. On mine with lots of traction i could hear and feel the wet clutch slipping. that being said my clutch is getting some machine work to lower the effective ratio and should do better on the low end. cost is about 165 bucks depending on shipping. the can ams are impressive machines, i tried buying one a few weeks ago. My quad has no frillls, not flashy, not a speed demon, but it pulled quad after quad after quad out for 19hrs this weekend and im glad i just have to wash it up and check oil and its ready to ride next weekend. but i didnt do any hot rodding, was easy on throttle and i try make sure my quad can make it there and back without a tow rope.

The new brute looks very very impressive, the grizz is a very solid performer, does everything very well, but once u buy one they will release v twin just watch. can ams have alot of great features, do lots of stuff amazingly, but they have a few faults and big sticker prices

2012 Outlander 1000XT Magnesium

2004 chev dmax- 6" Procomp lift, 35" Duratracs, airaid filter, 33" Nitto terra grapplers, Bushwacker flares, Magnaflow exhuast

2003 Suzuki Vinson 500 5spd
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QUADNUT For This Useful Post:
bbertram (05-15-2011), jacal (05-16-2011)
Old 05-15-2011, 05:42 PM

Thanked 1,720 Times in 1,133 Posts
four_420_twenty has a brilliant futurefour_420_twenty has a brilliant futurefour_420_twenty has a brilliant futurefour_420_twenty has a brilliant futurefour_420_twenty has a brilliant futurefour_420_twenty has a brilliant futurefour_420_twenty has a brilliant futurefour_420_twenty has a brilliant futurefour_420_twenty has a brilliant futurefour_420_twenty has a brilliant futurefour_420_twenty has a brilliant future
yammys are easy to snorkle. they have the best clutch system. also you can get cheaper parts from motobishi because they use the same parts as yammy. Most grizzlys are snorkled to the front rack already but you just gotta extend them up through the rack and your done. All electronics are under the front rack aswell, not under the seat like most bikes. Id go with yammy, there a good bike. theyve been around for ever with the same design, just do small updates every year. Why change something that already works very well

2010 Arctic Cat Sno Pro 500- D&D Can, 09 600 sno x motor ~~ sold
2013 rmz 250 4stroke
2014 el tigre 6000
Maple leaf construction
The Following User Says Thank You to four_420_twenty For This Useful Post:
bbertram (05-15-2011)
Old 05-15-2011, 05:57 PM
Quads add spice to life

Thanked 1,187 Times in 580 Posts
The Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Brent, Luke's is not too far as you won't have any repairs anyway.
2nd -2 - 350 Honda Foutrax
3rd - 06 Vinson
4th - The King 750,08
5th - 2011 Camo Commander 1000XT.
Bit of a break, bought a S2000 for now
The Following User Says Thank You to The Chef For This Useful Post:
bbertram (05-15-2011)
Old 05-15-2011, 06:24 PM

Beam23 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbertram View Post
I might be in the market for a new quad. What do you think I should get and why?

Can-am - visco-lock is a major problem for me, still not sure how quick the new QE visco-lock engages, needs to be proven to me.

Kawi - 2wd/4wd engagement is slow, hard to play in 2wd and get out in 4wd.

Suzuki - no local dealer, other than that good bike, average overall

Yamaha - its a yamaha! harder to snorkel

Cat - weak diffs, axles and wiring is not thought out

Honda - I don't think so Tim.

Polaris - clicky goes the tranny when you run big tires and goose the throttle. ITS A POLARIS!!

Those are all the negatives of each, I'm leaning to yamaha, maybe a kawi or canam. I don't know......I love my cat but with this last problem I'm getting tired.

i am in similar situation .
or should we just go with an utv?
The Following User Says Thank You to Beam23 For This Useful Post:
bbertram (05-15-2011)
Old 05-15-2011, 06:38 PM

tyndall is just really nicetyndall is just really nicetyndall is just really nicetyndall is just really nice
Kawi. You've got a good dealer and you already know what works on them. Or pick another brand and start from scratch learning its quirks all summer.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tyndall For This Useful Post:
bbertram (05-15-2011), Mudforce (05-15-2011)
Old 05-15-2011, 07:02 PM
----

Thanked 2,219 Times in 832 Posts
luker has a reputation beyond reputeluker has a reputation beyond reputeluker has a reputation beyond reputeluker has a reputation beyond reputeluker has a reputation beyond reputeluker has a reputation beyond reputeluker has a reputation beyond reputeluker has a reputation beyond reputeluker has a reputation beyond reputeluker has a reputation beyond reputeluker has a reputation beyond repute
Well you know my choice, greasable U-joints, a-arm bushings, open design for cleaning, easy to do oil changes, easy to get at the airbox, easy to snorkel, 3yr waranty - covers axles too, tons of mods available,
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to luker For This Useful Post:
bbertram (05-15-2011), BRP Fan (05-15-2011), Brutus (05-15-2011), dusty12 (05-15-2011)
Old 05-15-2011, 07:32 PM
Grizzly boy

tbuski is on a distinguished road
Get a yamaha they are fast, light and reliable.and lots of yamaha accessories
-Billet power tip
-K and N air filter
-Gun racks
-3000 pound winch
-secusion 3D camo shock covers
-Rear diamond plate storage box (for the goodies)
The Following User Says Thank You to tbuski For This Useful Post:
bbertram (05-15-2011)
Old 05-15-2011, 09:29 PM
Turn the gas on DUMMY!!

timmytorco has much to be proud oftimmytorco has much to be proud oftimmytorco has much to be proud oftimmytorco has much to be proud oftimmytorco has much to be proud oftimmytorco has much to be proud oftimmytorco has much to be proud oftimmytorco has much to be proud of
Go Brute or Canam. Both should have a rad relocate. It think the disco
Lol works ok if you change the oil religiously every 3or4 rides from what I have seen.
bbertram (05-15-2011)
Old 05-15-2011, 09:40 PM

w o 7 mucker is a jewel in the roughw o 7 mucker is a jewel in the roughw o 7 mucker is a jewel in the roughw o 7 mucker is a jewel in the rough
just wondering maybe someone here knows. i was in Anthony Texas and i saw truckload after truckload of can-am atv's coming from mexico. now i also travel lots thru quebec, all i see is brp sea-doo's coming west, no atv's. are all can-am atv's built in mexico or what. i'd be checkin before i buy an atv built in mexico. jmo.
1.5in wheel spacers. Powermad hand gaurds. oh ya, and BALLS
78 Harley Superglide. Custom stretched frame, and lowered
03 800 Rev.
77 moto-ski sonic 340ts
Old 05-15-2011, 09:52 PM
Welcome To Crackshare!

Thanked 2,012 Times in 1,093 Posts
Vertigo has a reputation beyond reputeVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeVertigo has a reputation beyond repute
Not going to bore you with what you already know, but you've seen everything I've put my bike through, 1600 miles now with big rubber, 100 miles with Mudzillas, 100 miles with 28 SBacks, 1300 with 30 SBacks and now 100 miles with 31" Outlaws. Out of everything I've put it through I've had 1 broken front axle, full turn, pinned against a tree in 3 feet of snow, completely my fault, accidently got it bouncing, and couldn't get it stopped quick enough. Out of all the mud runs I've had, clay, seeds, muskeg, sandy mud I've only ever had it overheat once, that was after one of our Camp Hughes rides where we thought it would be a good idea to race eachother after our bikes were caked in mud. Today, I had my second problem EVER on a trail, turns out it was a loose battery connection, tightened it up and I was good to go. The first problem I had was that loose Transmission connection, pushed it back on and the bike ran 100% again. The new Visco lock engages instantly. Guys like to say they are pricey, but look at what you get, 3 years warranty, racing, gas charged shocks (same as Elkas), power steering, 3500 warn winch from factory, factory front and back bumpers on a V Twin 800. They are pretty much right on par with every other bike out there, especially since now you don't have the aggrevation of finding winches, bumpers etc then having to put them on yourself, and possibly doing something wrong. They are SUPER easy to work on, everything is wide open on them, in 10 seconds you can have the plastics stripped off them if youhave to look at anything, you can have them snorkeled in an hour if you have the right tools. Depending on the dealer (same as any other brand) the Can Am warranty is the best out there, they cover everything.

Nothing wrong with a Kawi, those new bikes look very impressive. Warranty is good on them, although the dealer in Brandon told me outright, that since Kawi's aren't 'known' to have axle problems that they won't cover them under warranty. I wasn't talking to Scott though, so the guy may have been wrong. I think their warranty is pretty good too, from what I hear. Vogie's Kawi is a very impressive bike, goes through a lot, don't know how many miles he's got on it though.

I've never been on a Yammy, Tristan and Wend are the only two we ride with that ride them, they appear to be a great bike, hard to keep the back end down though it seems. Worked on TheDuck's quad yesterday, what a pain in the ass to work on, took us 30 minutes just to strip it down, take one piece of plastic off, just so we could get to a bolt that was holding on the plastic that we wanted to take off in the first place. They last forever it seems if you take care of them.

But honestly buddy, just remember, at least once a ride I hear you say, "Man, I miss a V Twin!" Whatever you pick, I will be more then happy to let you pull me out when I get stuck, or vise versa. My winch doesn't judge lol Don't know if you're willing to travel to Portage or not (thats where I recommend shopping for a Can Am), but all in all I would just go buy a Kawi. Great bike, close to home, great dealer. But once you get a Can Am you wonder why you went so long without one.

Last edited by Vertigo; 05-15-2011 at 09:54 PM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Vertigo For This Useful Post:
bbertram (05-15-2011), BLIZZARD (05-16-2011), BRP Fan (05-15-2011), dusty12 (05-15-2011), jacal (05-16-2011), luker (05-15-2011), rainman (05-18-2011), Vogie (05-15-2011)
Old 05-15-2011, 09:53 PM

Thanked 1,165 Times in 535 Posts
Vogie has much to be proud ofVogie has much to be proud ofVogie has much to be proud ofVogie has much to be proud ofVogie has much to be proud ofVogie has much to be proud ofVogie has much to be proud ofVogie has much to be proud ofVogie has much to be proud of
From my experience it'd be a Kawi or Can Am. There are certain things I like about each bike. You simply can't beat the Kawi for ease of modding, everything is easy to get at and very straight forward, they don't cost an arm and a leg and in the end you have a very solid bike.

The Can am's are pricey, everything costs money and usually more of it, the warranty from what I inderstand is a $50 deductible every viist and you have to drive an hour to get good service, the local dealer here just doesn't cut it. Both my uncle and brother have had bad dealings with their service department several times.

The Kawi a-arm bushings are cheap to replace with greaseable ones and the local dealer did it for mine under warranty. Seals cost like $20 and take 35 minutes to change, you can get greaseable u-joints for the kawi's and again everything is just easy to maintain.

I think the biggest differense for me is the ride, Can Am's have a beautiful suspension and seem to float where as the kawi especially when lifted you feel everything x2. yea the Can Am has better top end but how often do you go 80mph? I'd take the kawi's bottom end but that's just me and I'm bias because I own a Kawi lol.

Vertigo has an amazing bike there is no question, but i'm sure all the mods weren't free no stock bike could come close to what he has.

good luck with your pick can't wait to see what you come up with!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vogie For This Useful Post:
bbertram (05-15-2011), Got Mud (05-17-2011), luker (05-15-2011), Vertigo (05-15-2011)
Old 05-15-2011, 10:10 PM

Thanked 2,554 Times in 1,388 Posts
BRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Just take a look at your poll, the two highest so far is Kawi for 5 votes and Can-Am for 11 votes. Rest assured you will really like a Can-Am, the power and performance of that V-Twin Rotax is just amazing! Hey just go and ask Maxter. After he sold is 06 Can-Am Outty Max and bought a new Cat and a new Yami. It did not take him long before he got rid of them and was back riding a Can-Am again and this time he even bought a him and hers!
Seriously you would be very happy with a Can-Am that I know for sure. We too were very happy with our Can-Am Outty and would highly suggest anyone to buy one.
But what ever brand you buy just make sure you have lots of fun with it while you still can and let us all know what you end up with.
With lots of extras.
* 2002 Bombardier Traxter 500 XT

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRP Fan For This Useful Post:
bbertram (05-15-2011), Maxter (06-06-2011)
Old 05-15-2011, 10:18 PM
Room for 1 more!

Thanked 1,311 Times in 572 Posts
fuelinjected has much to be proud offuelinjected has much to be proud offuelinjected has much to be proud offuelinjected has much to be proud offuelinjected has much to be proud offuelinjected has much to be proud offuelinjected has much to be proud offuelinjected has much to be proud offuelinjected has much to be proud offuelinjected has much to be proud of
i voted kawi, but i actually want you to buy a can am so we can have an honest review of one of those canned hams
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fuelinjected For This Useful Post:
bbertram (05-15-2011), BillyBruteForce (05-16-2011)
Old 05-15-2011, 10:21 PM
Sugar Bear

Thanked 2,733 Times in 1,357 Posts
Mudforce has a reputation beyond reputeMudforce has a reputation beyond reputeMudforce has a reputation beyond reputeMudforce has a reputation beyond reputeMudforce has a reputation beyond reputeMudforce has a reputation beyond reputeMudforce has a reputation beyond reputeMudforce has a reputation beyond reputeMudforce has a reputation beyond reputeMudforce has a reputation beyond reputeMudforce has a reputation beyond repute
Well for me it would be hard to buy another single, I love my V-twin and would buy another in a heart beat. Besides we need some one to test out the 2012 Brute for us!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mudforce For This Useful Post:
bbertram (05-16-2011), Got Mud (05-17-2011)
Old 05-15-2011, 10:25 PM
Welcome To Crackshare!

Thanked 2,012 Times in 1,093 Posts
Vertigo has a reputation beyond reputeVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeVertigo has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelinjected View Post
i voted kawi, but i actually want you to buy a can am so we can have an honest review of one of those canned hams
No one is going to be more honest about a bike then me, if it was a piece of chit I would tell you. If something else could take the abuse that I've put mine through then I would say the same thing about it. I've went through 3 different brands in 4 years, and this is the only one thats made it past year #2, I'm not brand loyal, if someone else came out with something that was as snappy, and just as reliable, I would buy it, don't care what brand it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudforce View Post
Well for me it would be hard to buy another single, I love my V-twin and would buy another in a heart beat. Besides we need some one to test out the 2012 Brute for us!
If anyone can test it out, it would be him lol
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Vertigo For This Useful Post:
bbertram (05-16-2011), BLIZZARD (05-16-2011), BRP Fan (05-16-2011), Brutus (05-15-2011), luker (05-15-2011), Mudforce (05-15-2011), myst3ry (05-15-2011), Whams (05-17-2011)
Old 05-15-2011, 10:34 PM
Room for 1 more!

Thanked 1,311 Times in 572 Posts
fuelinjected has much to be proud offuelinjected has much to be proud offuelinjected has much to be proud offuelinjected has much to be proud offuelinjected has much to be proud offuelinjected has much to be proud offuelinjected has much to be proud offuelinjected has much to be proud offuelinjected has much to be proud offuelinjected has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
No one is going to be more honest about a bike then me, if it was a piece of chit I would tell you. If something else could take the abuse that I've put mine through then I would say the same thing about it. I've went through 3 different brands in 4 years, and this is the only one thats made it past year #2, I'm not brand loyal, if someone else came out with something that was as snappy, and just as reliable, I would buy it, don't care what brand it is.
i just like to tease thats all. i know ur opinion is honest but others, well not so much
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fuelinjected For This Useful Post:
bbertram (05-16-2011), Vertigo (05-15-2011)
Old 05-15-2011, 10:36 PM
Lock'N'Ride

Ranger Man is on a distinguished road
Polaris installed a new spike limiter in the tranny.No more popping out any more with larger tires and if you need warranty i find out with-in 4hrs.We are on-line with polaris 24-7.Headingley will take care of you.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ranger Man For This Useful Post:
bbertram (05-16-2011), freelance (05-16-2011), Vertigo (05-15-2011)