No announcement yet.

Belair Forest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you ride a quad or other ORV I think you should be worried about the plans of the TCT and your riding areas. They don't list quads in their 6 preferred activities, and the line from Beaconia to Pine Falls is still under development. They don't even show the line from Beaconia to Grand Marais which has been taken over. Until the TCT came around there was never an issue using this line for quads and other ORVs. They have a hidden agenda and don't like ORVs and are happy to block the trails after consulting private land owners. I wonder if they encourage it as well...

Still pissed off on what has happened to Grand Marais and the East Beaches to Beaconia, but I accept it for what it is. Just think we need to keep an eye on these TCT people and make our voices heard so they don't destroy all our trails. Next will be the Beaconia to Pine Falls line and North Star Trail. Watch out.

Comment

Z
      Originally posted by Trail_Rider View Post
      [IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com

If you ride a quad or other ORV I think you should be worried about the plans of the TCT and your riding areas. They don't list quads in their 6 preferred activities, and the line from Beaconia to Pine Falls is still under development. They don't even show the line from Beaconia to Grand Marais which has been taken over. Until the TCT came around there was never an issue using this line for quads and other ORVs. They have a hidden agenda and don't like ORVs and are happy to block the trails after consulting private land owners. I wonder if they encourage it as well...

Still pissed off on what has happened to Grand Marais and the East Beaches to Beaconia, but I accept it for what it is. Just think we need to keep an eye on these TCT people and make our voices heard so they don't destroy all our trails. Next will be the Beaconia to Pine Falls line and North Star Trail. Watch out.

Know your facts before you start all kinds of false rumors! The maps you posted are way out of date so go to the TCT web site for the exact routing. Also, the TCT naturally doesn't show ATV riding as a preferred activity because that's not of interest to their organization. Meanwhile, there are thousands of km's of TCT trails on multi use rail beds and along roadways and highways and they don't show semi trucks as a preferred activity on those trails either. The rail line from Pine Falls to Gull Lake IS A MULTI USE TRAIL approved by the RM of Alexander for our Belair ATV Club to manage and sign. TCT is another allowed multi use on that corridor but I do not expect a lot of hiking over that distance. Our ATV Club just spent a significant amount of time and money on repairing a large washout on one of the many trestle bridges miles from Stead on the rail bed to Pine Falls. We will also be purchasing and installing safety railings on all the trestle bridges and also signing the trail. Instead of all your complaining, why don't you join our ATV Club for a few bucks and help offset the operating costs? http://www.belairatvclub.ca/join-our-club/

It costs us thousands of dollars to buy materials and get heavy equipment into our job sites to do repairs on bridges and signing and where do you think this money comes from? Regarding the North Star Trail, again you are TOTALLY WRONG about its status and again spreading useless fear mongering instead of getting on board with the club and keeping informed.

Our ATV Club has been negotiating for over a year with the Government of Manitoba to allow our club to designate, sign and manage over 150 km's of ATV trails in the Belair Forest INCLUDING the North Star Trail and Ridge Trails and I am optimistic we will be successful. Coincidently, the North Star Trail will also be signed this fall as a TCT route but NOT at the exclusion of all other users. The North Stat Trail is a major forest resource road and will NOT be closed down by the TCT.....period......end of story so quit spreading this needless fear mongering!

I am the first to agree with you that it is too bad that the rail bed south of Grand Marais was restricted from quads but for the tenth time, it is private land. Get over it and move on and look at the positive things we are doing for the ATV community in the east beaches. There are over 300 to 400 km's of trails for ATV's to use out here so quit harping on a few km's that private land owners closed (because of late night noise and tresspass abuse)! Years of use until now have been by tresspass....period.....end of another story! We are also going to pursue multi use motorized trail status from Gull Lake all the way to East Selkirk.

Just about every one of likely 50 subdivisions in the east beaches region is land locked in one way or another from dirrect access to the forest trails including myself at Grand Pines where I now have to drive two miles along highway ditches to the trails instead of crossing a fairway. We could cross a fairway for years until some idiot ripped the crap out of the golf course greens on a snowmobile. All it took was one thoughtless act by an idiot to ruin it for all 55 residents who lost our privileges. Have you talked to the Snowden and Mickalish families who own the closed section for the facts on their trail closure instead of blaming the TCT for its closure? Over the years, many ATV riders have crapped in their own nest in subdivisions by making noise, racing and being a general nuisance and spoiled it for responsible riders. Many of us in our club are working hard to secure and expand our ATV riding privileges in the east beaches region so please look at all that you have at your doorstep rather than cast all this negativity and false rumors. A positive approach goes a long way.
      Last edited by Hartman-52; 09-04-2017, 09:05 AM.
      - 2017 Polaris RZR XP 1000 EPS
      - 2005 Polartis Sportsman 500
      - 2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic
      - 2016 Ski Doo Renegade 1200
      - 2011 Ski Doo Renegade 1200
      - 1964 Ski Doo BR64 Olympic

Comment

Well said.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hartman-52 View Post
          Z

Know your facts before you start all kinds of false rumors! The maps you posted are way out of date so go to the TCT web site for the exact routing. Also, the TCT naturally doesn't show ATV riding as a preferred activity because that's not of interest to their organization. Meanwhile, there are thousands of km's of TCT trails on multi use rail beds and along roadways and highways and they don't show semi trucks as a preferred activity on those trails either. The rail line from Pine Falls to Gull Lake IS A MULTI USE TRAIL approved by the RM of Alexander for our Belair ATV Club to manage and sign. TCT is another allowed multi use on that corridor but I do not expect a lot of hiking over that distance. Our ATV Club just spent a significant amount of time and money on repairing a large washout on one of the many trestle bridges miles from Stead on the rail bed to Pine Falls. We will also be purchasing and installing safety railings on all the trestle bridges and also signing the trail. Instead of all your complaining, why don't you join our ATV Club for a few bucks and help offset the operating costs? http://www.belairatvclub.ca/join-our-club/

It costs us thousands of dollars to buy materials and get heavy equipment into our job sites to do repairs on bridges and signing and where do you think this money comes from? Regarding the North Star Trail, again you are TOTALLY WRONG about its status and again spreading useless fear mongering instead of getting on board with the club and keeping informed.

Our ATV Club has been negotiating for over a year with the Government of Manitoba to allow our club to designate, sign and manage over 150 km's of ATV trails in the Belair Forest INCLUDING the North Star Trail and Ridge Trails and I am optimistic we will be successful. Coincidently, the North Star Trail will also be signed this fall as a TCT route but NOT at the exclusion of all other users. The North Stat Trail is a major forest resource road and will NOT be closed down by the TCT.....period......end of story so quit spreading this needless fear mongering!

I am the first to agree with you that it is too bad that the rail bed south of Grand Marais was restricted from quads but for the tenth time, it is private land. Get over it and move on and look at the positive things we are doing for the ATV community in the east beaches. There are over 300 to 400 km's of trails for ATV's to use out here so quit harping on a few km's that private land owners closed (because of late night noise and tresspass abuse)! Years of use until now have been by tresspass....period.....end of another story! We are also going to pursue multi use motorized trail status from Gull Lake all the way to East Selkirk.

Just about every one of likely 50 subdivisions in the east beaches region is land locked in one way or another from dirrect access to the forest trails including myself at Grand Pines where I now have to drive two miles along highway ditches to the trails instead of crossing a fairway. We could cross a fairway for years until some idiot ripped the crap out of the golf course greens on a snowmobile. All it took was one thoughtless act by an idiot to ruin it for all 55 residents who lost our privileges. Have you talked to the Snowden and Mickalish families who own the closed section for the facts on their trail closure instead of blaming the TCT for its closure? Over the years, many ATV riders have crapped in their own nest in subdivisions by making noise, racing and being a general nuisance and spoiled it for responsible riders. Many of us in our club are working hard to secure and expand our ATV riding privileges in the east beaches region so please look at all that you have at your doorstep rather than cast all this negativity and false rumors. A positive approach goes a long way.
          I just find it quite a coincidence that the owner's had no issues untill the TCT took over and simply added a few signs and rocks. I agree the owner's are in their right, but to say that TCT had no influence is bs

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ATV Guy View Post
            I just find it quite a coincidence that the owner's had no issues untill the TCT took over and simply added a few signs and rocks. I agree the owner's are in their right, but to say that TCT had no influence is bs

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
            You are stating an opinion not facts! The facts are that when a route was sought all the way through the east beaches region, and the two families who owned the rail sections were approached by TCT for access to their land, they reluctantly agreed but only if certain conditions were met including no motorized use which was clearly written into the land owners agreement. TCT does not dictate to private land owner what the trails status shall be. If you knew the facts you will realize that while TCT prefers non motorized greenways, they accept yellow trail multi use status over thousands of trail KM's. In Newfoundland 95% of the rail trail across the entire province is multi use. In Alberta over 300 KM's of rail trail are multi use. In BC the majority of the TCT is on rail beds and is multi use.

Not one person has taken the time to talk to the two families involved with this little trail closure to find the facts and report back on here why they don't want motorized use or offer to buy these rail sections yet the fact that the land owners requested this closure is called BS and that it's TCT's entire fault. Opinions are not facts. Get a few concerned ATV riders together and go talk to the two land owners and see if you can get a concession. Why hasn't anyone talked to the land owners?
            Last edited by Hartman-52; 09-04-2017, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Maybe slightly off topic for the current discussion, but kudos on all the work done fixing the trestle bridge. I haven't been through there yet, but it sounds like it was a pretty significant undertaking. Thanks to all involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Braptor View Post
                Maybe slightly off topic for the current discussion, but kudos on all the work done fixing the trestle bridge. I haven't been through there yet, but it sounds like it was a pretty significant undertaking. Thanks to all involved.
                Thanks. It was a big job. Had to bring in a Bobcat and excavator and two tandem trucks of gravel and lots of lumber for the retaining wall.

Here is a Facebook link to the project pics and writeup.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...29109007172958

Comment

Thanks. It was a big job. Had to bring in a Bobcat and excavator and two tandem trucks of gravel and lots of lumber for the retaining wall.

Here is a Facebook link to the project pics and writeup.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...29109007172958

Great pictures. Looks like a lot of hard work. Good on you for fixing it up. Should last many more years now. Way to go.

Comment

BREAKING NEWS

The Belair ATV Club is pleased to announce that after a year and a half of planning, field reconnaissance and negotiations with the Province, the Dept. of Sustainable Development (DSD) has approved a significant series of recognized ATV trails in the Belair Forest for the Belair ATV Club to manage and sign. The formal MOU agreement document with the Province was just signed with ATVMB on Wednesday, April 25/18. This new trail network will now be complimentary and connect to the recently developed Whistle Pig Rail Trail from Pine Falls to Gull Lake with hopefully future rail trail connectivity all the way to East Selkirk and also add to the building ATVMB trail network in Manitoba.

The new trail network includes the main north/south stem trails being the North Star and Ridge Trails spanning from Stead to Traverse Bay Road East. Branching off these main trails are six scenic loop trails. In addition, the rail line west of Hwy 59 running from Grand Beach Park to Traverse Bay Corner and also a connector trail (north of Belair Road) eastward from the rail trail back to the North Star Trail are also included. A recently approved multi use trail for the Red River North Trail Assoc. was just cleared from Lester Beach straight east back to Hwy 59 and the North Star Trail along with another trail (Osprey) was also cleared along the south boundary of the park. This new trail network will include 10 evacuation sites for STARS and/or ground EMS and also two staging areas at the north and south ends. Five future kiosks are also planned for the region. Trail signing of the new network is planned for this summer as fund raising is completed. See attached maps.

The Belair ATV Club also received national exposure in the latest edition of Riders West Magazine. Check out the story here:

http://riderswestmag.com/atvzone/art...ted_atv_trails
                    Final Approved Trails.jpgRecognized Belair Trails.jpgBelair Trails North.jpgBelair Trails Middle.jpgBelair Trails South.jpgRail Line Ride.jpg
                    Don't forget to follow us on our Belair ATV Club Facebook page for all the latest news and upcoming events. Please feel free to add comments and pictures and ride stories at:

https://www.facebook.com/belairatvclub/

Sincerely,

Hartley Pokrant, President
                    Belair ATV

Comment

Thats awesome Hartley. You are the man.
                      How dry is it out east ? We were thinking about riding from east selkirk to pine falls next sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by tonym63 View Post
                        Thats awesome Hartley. You are the man.
                        How dry is it out east ? We were thinking about riding from east selkirk to pine falls next sunday.
                        Still dry as a popcorn fart and all trails are closed as well as the rail line due to the travel ban just like in your Sandilands area.

Comment

Still dry as a popcorn fart and all trails are closed as well as the rail line due to the travel ban just like in your Sandilands area.
                          Thanks bud. didnt realize there was also a travel ban out there.
                          Suppose to get some rain in the middle of the week.. hope it gets better out there.

Comment

Originally posted by tonym63 View Post

Thanks bud. didnt realize there was also a travel ban out there.
                            Suppose to get some rain in the middle of the week.. hope it gets better out there.
                            I sure hope we get a big soaking rain in the Belair Forest as well. We sure need it.

Comment

Working...
                            X