Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Living in Manitoba

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Living in Manitoba

    i haven't posted on here in awhile, my wife says she wants to move from BC to Manitoba. We have a daughter that lives in North Dakota and wants to be closer. I have lived in BC my whole life and she has moved around a bit as she was growing up. I do have family back there. We could probably retire early if we did any suggestions on areas to look. I do like to quad fish hunt and all the good stuff. We have a fifth wheel we use a lot too. The further south you go it looks like less lake areas. Probably about 3 years from really deciding to make a jump.
    '05 Kingquad

  • #2
    Your never really far from any lakes in Manitoba. The land in and around Winnipeg is the flattest you'll ever find it makes Saskatchewan look mountainous. Cost of living is probably a little cheaper than B.C. (not sure where or what part of B.C. your from). I think the bulk of us quad in the southeast part of the Province in the Sandilands Provincial Forest and some go closer to Lake Winnipeg at Belair. Western Manitoba has some of the nicest Valley's of all three Prairie Provinces and there is some quadding out that way I'm just not sure how much exactly. And there is hunting and fishing of course but I don't really know much about hunting so maybe somebody else can put their 10 cents in about that.

    Comment


    • #3
      Interlake may be a good area to look. Excellent hunting, not far from Wpg. Couple hours to US border. Land values probably more reasonable than other locations
      2010 850xp..3in catvos raked lift, 31in outlaws,snorkel your atv snorkels,hmf swamp series xl,power commander v,elka stage one's,boss atv 450watt sound tube,3,000lb winch

      78 Harley Superglide. Custom stretched frame, and lowered
      03 800 Rev.
      77 moto-ski sonic 340ts

      Comment


      • #4
        If you were moving sooner, we have a good quarter of land for sale one mile off of border. Good hunting, quadding, and quiet area. Would suit your needs for hopping across to ND.

        Comment


        • #5
          We currently live an hour east of Vancouver so we will fare well moving eastwards. We towns are in the Interlakes area. I have a cousin near Dauphin that has a really nice 10 acre piece of al d with a rancher on it. Would love something that for sure
          '05 Kingquad

          Comment


          • #6
            Lots of cheap land for sale in the RM of Piney and the RM of Stuartburn and probably Franklin all close to the border and in good quadding country its a mix of forest, bush, swamp, and pasture land.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Derek700 View Post
              i haven't posted on here in awhile, my wife says she wants to move from BC to Manitoba. We have a daughter that lives in North Dakota and wants to be closer. I have lived in BC my whole life and she has moved around a bit as she was growing up. I do have family back there. We could probably retire early if we did any suggestions on areas to look. I do like to quad fish hunt and all the good stuff. We have a fifth wheel we use a lot too. The further south you go it looks like less lake areas. Probably about 3 years from really deciding to make a jump.
              Oak Bank is a great town just out of city, Beausejour is an hour from Winnipeg, Stonewall is great. If you are retired you may like Pinawa, but it is quiet there. You have to sled to rteally enjoy
              2012 Polaris Switchback Pro R
              2001 Bayliner 21 Ft Cuddy

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Oerlikon80 View Post
                Your never really far from any lakes in Manitoba. The land in and around Winnipeg is the flattest you'll ever find it makes Saskatchewan look mountainous. Cost of living is probably a little cheaper than B.C. (not sure where or what part of B.C. your from). I think the bulk of us quad in the southeast part of the Province in the Sandilands Provincial Forest and some go closer to Lake Winnipeg at Belair. Western Manitoba has some of the nicest Valley's of all three Prairie Provinces and there is some quadding out that way I'm just not sure how much exactly. And there is hunting and fishing of course but I don't really know much about hunting so maybe somebody else can put their 10 cents in about that.
                The best sledding and fishing is Lake of the Woods, 2 hours East of Winnipeg
                2012 Polaris Switchback Pro R
                2001 Bayliner 21 Ft Cuddy

                Comment


                • #9
                  I have this cabin/house for sale 2 min from the lake lots of storage for your toys

                  https://www.kijiji.ca/v-house-for-sa...ale/1371142242

                  2008 rzr green
                  5000 lb viper max winch c/w Amsteel rope
                  3 " lift kit,Emp hd 2" reciever hitch
                  stealth exhaust,Ryfab storage box,snorkeled
                  27" mudlite xtr's c/w ss212 wheels
                  raptor 55w hid kit
                  2012 Ranger 800 xp
                  5000lb viper elite winch c/w amsteel rope

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I am 52 right now. In 3 years we may really look hard at it. Sell here and invest a chunk to live off of and not get into pension too early. Like hearing some of the towns so I can look on MLS
                    '05 Kingquad

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Derek700 View Post
                      I am 52 right now. In 3 years we may really look hard at it. Sell here and invest a chunk to live off of and not get into pension too early. Like hearing some of the towns so I can look on MLS
                      No quadding in the L.G.D. of Pinawa to many 'greenies' there, Oakbank is full of city people. If you want quiet and want to do the 'outdoors' thing Marchand and Woodridge are nice and land is relatively cheap, Richer is right in the bush and close enough to Winnipeg or Steinbach for grocery shopping or whatever you might need, and Beausejour, Tyndall, and Garson are also pretty nice quiet places.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Anybody familiar with St Malo area? Some nice looking places there
                        '05 Kingquad

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Oerlikon80 View Post

                          No quadding in the L.G.D. of Pinawa to many 'greenies' there, Oakbank is full of city people. If you want quiet and want to do the 'outdoors' thing Marchand and Woodridge are nice and land is relatively cheap, Richer is right in the bush and close enough to Winnipeg or Steinbach for grocery shopping or whatever you might need, and Beausejour, Tyndall, and Garson are also pretty nice quiet places.
                          Some nice places out that way. Would like to be somewhat close to town. 20-30 min would be good for big grocery shopping. Small grocery store in town for things we run out of too.
                          '05 Kingquad

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Marchand looks pretty nice
                            '05 Kingquad

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Derek700 View Post
                              Anybody familiar with St Malo area? Some nice looking places there
                              Yeah it's a Franco-Manitoban community nearly an hour to Winnipeg and maybe 25-30 minutes to Steinbach. Some smaller communities down that same highway, hwy #59 that are a bit cheaper but definitely quieter and close to the U.S. border.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X